Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #11 
JadeAngel

I'll throw in Cocodrilo or Cocodrile. One is the spanish for crocodile, the other is my husband's funny foreign way of saying crocodile. First he did it because he thought that was how it's said, not he says it like that to be a goof
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #12 
Uminofukami

Thanks for all the fabulous suggestions everyone! I'm probably going to do the same as PeppermintHippo (we're room mates) and wait for the fish to arrive before picking out a name officially, but you all have had some great suggestions. :D And yeah, I think he's an awesome, pretty little bugger. ^^
Uminofukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #13 
sareena79

I like Gator ;) good luck with your new fishie :) I just got mine in today and hes been a real turd, hes funny! u would think after 4 days in a dark box getting bumped around on mail trucks he would be tired but hes zipping all over the tank. my last one was lazy as heck. he would get up to eat and thats about it, other than that he was sleeping on his plants. this one hasnt even realized he has a cave to sleep in hes too busy playing in the filter output hehehe
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #14 
PeppermintHippo

I told you Umi, since he looks like a Dragon my personal vote is to name him 'Smog' :P
PeppermintHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #15 
Uminofukami

Yeah, Sareena, our first one (our only one right now) is super active a lot of the time and our filter is not an adjustable one nor a low flow and he *loves* it. He tries to sneak up and ambush the current and swim against it and then goes tumbling from the flow only to go back and do it again like 20 minutes later. XD

And yeah, Smaug is definitely a good choice XD I do likes me some dragons. Nidhogg is another choice if I go along those lines, Tatsu, Falkor, Glaurung...
Old 04-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #16 
PeppermintHippo

Your going to name him something in Scandinavian thats impossible to pronounce, aren't you? >.> **Sees it coming**
PeppermintHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #17 
sareena79

its cute till I wake up and hes stuck in it dead :( hopefully its a temporary obesssion and he will find other ways to entertain himself soon....well good luck with yalls fish. headed to bed...gnite :)
Old 04-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #18 
Uminofukami

XD Actually no, I nixed Jormungand for that reason...I'm actually leaning toward something oriental or else from literature/film.

Last edited by Uminofukami; 04-18-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #19 
Uminofukami

You too Sareena! And ours never seems at risk of being sucked by the filter, he rests against it occasionally but never for long and never seems to have any difficulties getting away from it. He actually likes to hide behind the body of it. XD
Old 04-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #20 
sareena79

mine swims INTO the actual output, like IN the filter. all I can see is his little tail waggling. he thinks its funny but it scares me to death. I know its not gonna suck him in (since thats the part pushing water out) but Im still scared hes gonna get hit butt stuck in there. little turd! only been here one day and already gave me about 3 heart attacks hehehe