Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #21 
justmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
Martini didnt make it either. I feel like such an absolute failure. ..
Don't be so hard on yourself MoonShadow! I have a beautiful new addition to my family who is already loved by all because you are NOT a failure! I know the deaths are hard on you, but you have to remember the ones you saved. Maybe it's time to start printing yourself some before & after pics of your successes like Patrick, Charlie, Cheeto, Oz, Lemon Doodle, Boomer, Whiskey, Norbert, & Echo and hanging them where you can see them regularly. I've known you less then 3 weeks and you've found and rescued all of them since then. Most are now in their forever homes because of your loving care.

There's also the people you have inspired. My daughter is 15, but she now wants to rescue bettas when she gets older. She's already studying what she'll need to know and spent the last money she had to take home a pretty VT with SBD. If I let her she'd bring one home every week, but I put condition on her rescuing (such as learning what bettas might have & how to treat it, plus have meds she might need on hand, and the homes they need while getting better).

You are not a failure, but an inspiration hun. Remember all the fish and people life you touch by doing what you do.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #22 
Nix

You are far from a failure! You inspired me to take in two rescues! The first one, Pineapple, I did all I could for but he was in too bad of shape and unfortunately passed away the same day...

My newest little guy is LITTLE, much smaller than my other boys but obviously male. His name is Equius and he is a blue crowntail with fin rot who looked very depressed. The employee at that Petsmart (not the closest one to me... I had to go a bit farther for the tank stand I wanted) at least paid attention to the bettas. She told me that he hadn't been eating and she wasn't sure how long he'd last. I couldn't leave him there after hearing that. I got him home, into some warm clean water and started treat his fin rot and tried getting him to eat. He mainly just moped at the bottom and I was getting worried but this morning I woke up to find a small bubble nest!

He ate happily today and was swimming a bit more!

You inspired me!

You have to remember all the good you are doing! And even the ones who pass away at least got out of those dirty little cups and got some love! They have their best chances with you! You are amazing and have to remember that no matter how hard it gets! <3
Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #23 
MoonShadow

Thank you everyone for being so sweet!! It's just a lot, losing 4 in 1 week... We will be going back to petco tomorrow to return cosmo and martini... So we'll see what I end up coming home with!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #24 
Raincloud

I think that even though Cosmo and Martini passed away they were much more comfortable and happier with you even for a short period of time then they would have been at that petstore. I am sorry for your losses but I do think you made their lives better, even if it was at the end.
Raincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #25 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
Thank you everyone for being so sweet!! It's just a lot, losing 4 in 1 week... We will be going back to petco tomorrow to return cosmo and martini... So we'll see what I end up coming home with!
That's the spirit! Can't wait to see who the lucky fishies are! :)
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #26 
Skyewillow

We wouldn't have Norbi if you were at all a "failure"! We simply ADORE him!

Let me know what you find there!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #27 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

MoonShadow, I think it is absolutely awesome what you do and how you pull off a little mini protest against animal abuse, just enough to make a difference. Don't feel like a failure,those fish's last hours were their most pleasant and,although its tough, when you are in the business of rescuing animals you have to expect things like this to happen, as hard as it is. You tried your best, but the damage done by the store was irreversible... Sip.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #28 
percyfyshshelley

We need more people like you in the world MoonShadow!
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:16 AM   #29 
Linkus

that is so great what you are doing!

I am lucky that the pet stores near me and decently clean, I have run into a few that are so terrible.. there is one that i see sick fish all the time. many of them only have one eye, no color, terrible water, are in cups that are marked wrong. I feel so bad for those fish.
Linkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:31 AM   #30 
mermaid77

MoonShadow...has anyone ever told you "YOU ROCK!!!"? Well you do!!! :) Those fish had the best last moments the poor things could've hoped for in the condition they were in...thanks to YOU!
*hugs*
mermaid77 is offline   Reply With Quote