Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #1 
shoutriotgrrrl

Didn't rescue him soon enough.

Unfortunately a male betta I had "rescued" from a luau (he was being used as a center piece with terrible living conditions--who knows how long they had him in the cup before he got to the less than a gallon tank) passed this morning.

I'm nearly positive he was constipated and had swim bladder disease. He was in a hospital tank while I was going to try the whole fast for a day, eat a frozen pea the next trick, but passed before I could treat him.

I hope I gave him the best, last few days before he went. I hope one day people will realize how much care and love bettas need.

RIP Liam

shoutriotgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #2 
Artemis

Poor thing. I have seen the same thing, fish that one day earlier were god and slump so fast.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #3 
shoutriotgrrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Poor thing. I have seen the same thing, fish that one day earlier were god and slump so fast.
Right? It's a terrible thing

The one that really gets to me is going to Petco one day to look at the bettas, and only 24 hours later over half of them are dead I don't wanna give petco my money and encourage this behavior, but I just wanna save them all.
shoutriotgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote