Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #1 
LoudMetal

Betta willl not eat pellets

Hey everybody. This is my first time making a thread on this forum, but I've been reading a lot on this forum, and I've found A LOT of useful information.

I had read somewhere else on here that it was not healthy for your betta to constantly eat freeze dried bloodworms. Sadly this is the only thing my betta will actually eat... I havn't given him any more, and have been putting only pellets in his tank. Each time I do this though, he just puts them in his mouth, chews, then spits them out. I'm pretty sure he's just spoiled lol, but I don't think he's eaten anything for almost five days. I want him to eat the food he's supposted to eat, but I also don't want him to starve himself. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
LoudMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #2 
graphics787

What is the size of the tank?Heater?Is he active?But you are only supose to feed him or her bloodworms once or twice a week.Try feeding him vegetables.Maybe some pea or carrot peices.but if he won't eat anything but bloodworms and he's not sick,then he should be okay! :D
graphics787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:36 AM   #3 
Meatpuppet

a good way ive recently done is just feed him nothing but those pellets for a 6 or 7 days (so about 2 more days for you) if he isnt hungry enough to eat them by then you could look for a different brand. and reapet the process.
yes bloodworms should only be served a couple times a week for a treat. yet frozen bw's are nutritious enough to be served about 3 or four time a week.

but ya keep stressing those pellets to your betta
Meatpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #4 
Cody

As stated, do not offer anything untill he takes the pellets. No bloodworms untill he is reguarly eating the pellets. It can take a few days, but bettas are fine without food for 2-3 days, sometimes more. Any animal that is that hungry will take anything edible, and in this case, it is pellets.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:48 PM   #5 
LoudMetal

Ok, I'll keep trying with the pellets, and possibly try another brand. I really don't think anything's wrong with him, because he is very active and alert. I'll try the vegetables too. But thank you everyone for your help. :D
LoudMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:58 PM   #6 
Tyyrlym

Are you removing the pellets he doesn't eat? Have you checked to see if they're still at the bottom of his tank? He might be spitting them out in front of you and eating them later.
Tyyrlym is offline   Reply With Quote