Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #1 
newbettaguy

Should I buy The.....

Aqueon Evolve 4 gal. and return my 2 gal hexagon???? There is a store that has 3 of them on clearence for $34.99.... Ill buy the Evolve get it running and then swtitch Lancelot over... Clean the hexagon and return it right? It would only cost me $5 to upgrade.... I know a no brainer... But can I return the 2 gal? i got it from petco... Anyone know? Also I want to use sand not gravel with maybe a soil substrate for live plantiing.... any recommendations or guidance in doing this? Is it something a complete novice can do? or is it over my head?

Edit: I have read some reviews on the evolve.... I am seeing that the 4 gallon is actually only 2.5 gallons of swim space meaning the filter area takes up 1.5 gallons... is this accurate? Also does anyone know the height of the 4 gallon with the LED light attached?

Last edited by newbettaguy; 04-19-2013 at 12:00 AM.
newbettaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #2 
VJM

The filter does not take up that much room. It is, at the very most, a gallon. I think it looks more like a half gallon. I like mine very much so far.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #3 
Crowntails

I'd get it!
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote