Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2013, 02:52 AM   #31 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
I would hold off on the EE steel blue (I just feel like that's a more common EE coloration seen and you could probably find another like her fairly easily).

I'm not terribly fond of the newest EE, but this is just my opinion (I've never really been a fan of the coloration)

Again, I think I would wait it out to see if anything new comes up so you can gradually increase your stock. And besides, you never know if you find something as awesome as the redhead! I'm sure there's bound to be some other amazing looking EE out there, just waiting to be posted on Aquabid!
Ok now I'm going to drive you crazy!! I finally took a screen shot of all the girls I like most. The top right girl is the one I haven't bidded on BUT I am thinking about adopting, I really do love her red coloring so I want to jump before someone else does

Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #32 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

These five do look good and all unique in their own way!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #33 
Roemgie

Quote:
These five do look good and all unique in their own way!
Yeah I really do like all of those. And Jennifer told me she could hold them for me until I come home so that way they'll be in quarantine with her before I get them and then I'll take them home and slowly introduce them into my 20 gallon with all my girls and then a week later I'll head back to my college.

But I do have one question, I'll probably have to come back to my college May 17 which means I'll only be gone for about 6-7 days. Obviously I don't want to just leave my girls with no food for 7 days but do you think if I got someone to at least feed them twice within that time I should leave them? Or should I take them the 4 hours home with me?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #34 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I would let someone feed them once or twice, they won't starve within that amount of time. Just so you know, one of my betta's took a month off from food so they'll be fine. As long as you know that person won't over feed them or anything because that will cause problems. But I think if you left them there that would be fine :)
Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #35 
Roemgie

Quote:
I would let someone feed them once or twice, they won't starve within that amount of time. Just so you know, one of my betta's took a month off from food so they'll be fine. As long as you know that person won't over feed them or anything because that will cause problems. But I think if you left them there that would be fine :)
A month??? Wow that's amazing!! I know one girl here (whose the kid of betta in a bowl no heater type, although she's really nice and I wish I could connivence her that they're not happy in an unheated bowl!) left her boy all spring break and she said he was fine when she got back! I have to admit that it really scares me to leave them that long without being fed (and I am not sure if there will be someone here to feed them in that time but I will be asking around).

So if no one is here I would be leaving May 10 and then coming back May 17, hopefully sometime early (4 hour drive so early would be 1 lol) do you think they would be fine? I mean I know they're not meant to eat every day but I am honestly scared about leaving them that long, I guess i could drop a few pellets to the bottom and let them find it while I'm gone?

I've heard that the feeders for when you're out of town just mess up your water and hurt the fish really
Old 04-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #36 
Roemgie

Quote:
I believe I'm crazy and a fish hoarder now! lol
Old 04-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #37 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Well it was a month because he was still getting used to his new tank and whatnot. I still tried to feed him but he wouldn't eat. So hence, he didn't eat for a month but he eats like a pig.

I wouldn't leave food in there either just because that can mess with your water chemistry as well, I would just find a babysitter. Unless you are seriously not digging this idea, then you could try the 4 hour drive home, but this would probably make them more stressed IMO :(
Old 04-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #38 
VJM

The one in the lower left is stunning. I am good with three, but with fish like that around, I see why people end up with oodles of them.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #39 
Roemgie

Quote:
Well it was a month because he was still getting used to his new tank and whatnot. I still tried to feed him but he wouldn't eat. So hence, he didn't eat for a month but he eats like a pig.

I wouldn't leave food in there either just because that can mess with your water chemistry as well, I would just find a babysitter. Unless you are seriously not digging this idea, then you could try the 4 hour drive home, but this would probably make them more stressed IMO :(

Wow that really is amazing! All of my girls right now are little piggies and won't be passing up a meal anytime soon :P

Yeah I figured that would be a horrible idea lol And I'll look around for a baby sitter but I doubt someone will actually be here :/ but I would prefer to leave them instead of pack them all up, pick up the new girls than bring everyone home all at once. I may actually leave on the 16th because we're suppose to move all of our things out on the 17th so I may need to get there a day early to be more prepared.

But who knows, I am getting ready to pay the guy for the 3 girls. I almost wish I had it in me to not take one of them but I really do love all 3 of them!!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #40 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJM View Post
The one in the lower left is stunning. I am good with three, but with fish like that around, I see why people end up with oodles of them.
She actually is the reason why I exploded with bettas within a few days -____- I honestly was just like 'Eh let me look to see if I can find a number 6 for the group'....I am now up to 10 (that includes the 5 girls I have right now). So I am a lucky one lol or just a fish hoarder in disguise!