Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #41 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Well it was a month because he was still getting used to his new tank and whatnot. I still tried to feed him but he wouldn't eat. So hence, he didn't eat for a month but he eats like a pig.

I wouldn't leave food in there either just because that can mess with your water chemistry as well, I would just find a babysitter. Unless you are seriously not digging this idea, then you could try the 4 hour drive home, but this would probably make them more stressed IMO :(

Oh man :( that beautiful red and blue female someone bidded on her 1 minute before it was closed! Oh well that leaves one more spot open for me :)

What do you think of this girl??

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1367249857

MMmmmmm look at those ears! http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1367249864 (too expensive though :( )

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1367080479
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #42 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Awww that's sad :( I'm sorry you didn't get her!!

I love the first girl! Those little red spots are the cutest things ever!!

I can't really comment too much about EE since I'm not super fond on them but holy cow, the price of the white one! I do like the colors on the purple on but that first one is just so cute :D
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #43 
bniebetta

Dude! or sororitis are really similar in number, origin, etc. haha!
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #44 
Roemgie

Quote:
Awww that's sad :( I'm sorry you didn't get her!!

I love the first girl! Those little red spots are the cutest things ever!!

I can't really comment too much about EE since I'm not super fond on them but holy cow, the price of the white one! I do like the colors on the purple on but that first one is just so cute :D
But at least I got the red headed girl!!! So I'm not TOO sad :P

And I just bidded on the yellow girl and I'm trying not to be too crazy BUT I really really do want this girl http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1367080479 because I am loving the EE girls! I know you don't :P but gosh I'm a big ear junkie now lol I guess I've always loved how their fins flow in the water and since girls don't have long fins that's what makes up for it :P

But would i be crazy to have 11 fish??
Old 04-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #45 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bniebetta View Post
That's awesome :) I really love all my little girls :)
Old 04-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #46 
Roemgie

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #47 
bniebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roemgie View Post
Me too! I personally think 11 would be better for a thirty gallon... I thought I was still okay at nine, but after gathering everyone and having my tank all set up I think I am pushing it.... and yet I still want more girls. and always will haha. I have been toying with the idea of another sorority in a couple on months if I have the space/money :PP
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #48 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh yay! Red headed girl! Have you got a name for her yet? Yeah, I think you should get the EE if you really like her, she does have great coloration and her "ears" look pretty fantastic.

And no 11 isn't bad. I've only got 8 in my 33, but I now have 15 Betta's total...I just bought two baby's today and I'm fairly certain one's a boy and the other is a girl....now I'm crazy!!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #49 
Roemgie

Quote:
Oh yay! Red headed girl! Have you got a name for her yet? Yeah, I think you should get the EE if you really like her, she does have great coloration and her "ears" look pretty fantastic.

And no 11 isn't bad. I've only got 8 in my 33, but I now have 15 Betta's total...I just bought two baby's today and I'm fairly certain one's a boy and the other is a girl....now I'm crazy!!
No I have actually not named my two newest girls...and now I may have 5-6 other new girls coming in...7-8 new names I need to come up with lol

But I do have an idea at least for one of my girls here, Paddie because when I was explaining to my friend that they live in rice paddies she thought I meant food and she was like 'What...' LOL it was a funny conversation :P

And I think I'm going to bid on her! I think she just has such a nice perfection to her and I do like her redish color :) I do need that in my tank too!

Then I will have 11 girls in a 20 gallon sorority tank!! And trust me I don't think you're crazy :P although I would love to hear how the babies do!!

The crazy thing is I want to breed my male and one of my females to see what their genetics are. But unless enough people are willing to adopt I won't because I don't think 50 babies is the best number...lol now THAT'S crazy
Old 04-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #50 
Roemgie

Quote:
Me too! I personally think 11 would be better for a thirty gallon... I thought I was still okay at nine, but after gathering everyone and having my tank all set up I think I am pushing it.... and yet I still want more girls. and always will haha. I have been toying with the idea of another sorority in a couple on months if I have the space/money :PP
They'll be in a 20 gallon (that's our limit at college :/) and yeah I'm worried that it will be crowded but we'll see!

And you should get more :P once I'm out of college with my own place and time I believe I'll be doing more sororities!!