Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #1 
Allirane

My beautiful female rescue: Neytiri

I finally found my first female and she is amazing! She changes colors all the time!

It's a little pic heavy! :)
Attached Images

Allirane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #2 
Roemgie

She is beautiful :) and just to let you know the 'color changes' are actually stress strips and it means that she goes from being really stressed to relaxed and so on and so forth. Males do the exact same thing, she is most likely just getting use to her new home and nothing to worry about :)
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #3 
Allirane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roemgie View Post
She is beautiful :) and just to let you know the 'color changes' are actually stress strips and it means that she goes from being really stressed to relaxed and so on and so forth. Males do the exact same thing, she is most likely just getting use to her new home and nothing to worry about :)

Thank you for letting me know that! She does sometimes go from green to blue and purple. But, yeah. I hope she's comfortable. I have her in a 2.5 gallon with a heater, filter (whisper so not too strong) as well as an interesting tank to keep her interested..
Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #4 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allirane View Post
Thank you for letting me know that! She does sometimes go from green to blue and purple. But, yeah. I hope she's comfortable. I have her in a 2.5 gallon with a heater, filter (whisper so not too strong) as well as an interesting tank to keep her interested..
Yeah my little girl would go from a green to a really light pale color more like she lost color than actually change and my dark blue girl once turned a beautiful light blue :P

Also throw away your filter because unless you have a cycled tank it will nothing but take your money and give you false hope. And with a 2.5 make sure to do two water changes a week 50% and 100%. Like Wednesday do a 50% and Sunday do 100% change :)

Also what I do with my girls is I put my finger in and kind of 'play' with them. Like tag and I'll let them chase after it and then go after them kind of giving them something to do. I have 5 now in a sorority so they're thinking I have food lol
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #5 
Allirane

Egg bound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roemgie View Post
Yeah my little girl would go from a green to a really light pale color more like she lost color than actually change and my dark blue girl once turned a beautiful light blue :P

Also throw away your filter because unless you have a cycled tank it will nothing but take your money and give you false hope. And with a 2.5 make sure to do two water changes a week 50% and 100%. Like Wednesday do a 50% and Sunday do 100% change :)

Also what I do with my girls is I put my finger in and kind of 'play' with them. Like tag and I'll let them chase after it and then go after them kind of giving them something to do. I have 5 now in a sorority so they're thinking I have food lol

Do you think she could be egg bound? She is not lethargic at all or anything. Just curious.