Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #1 
Myates

Two spawns in one DT/HM, HM/HMPK

Ok, starting another spawn log.. this time combining two new spawns into this one as it's just easier.. lol

No pics yet until they get a bit bigger.. will get pics of the parents of one of the spawns next time I take them out lol. I am so not good at taking pictures lol

First spawn is a royal blue DTHM male with a green marble cellophane HM girl.. Both virgins, placed them in spawn tank on Tuesday 4/16. They spawned on Wed 4/17 late afternoon, hatched overnight on Thurs/Fri 4/18-4/19

Will have different variations of blue, green, marble, cellophane HMs with DT geno, DTHMs. Mother's background - parents are from Sieg Illig and Karen Mac Auley, both are top breeders.. so hoping for good stock from this pair.

----

Second spawn is the father of my last spawn, red/white/cellophane dragon HM, female is a turq/light blue HMPK - it's another "What will I get" spawn lol.. hoping her topline helps even out his. He has 1 spawn experience, female a virgin.. Placed them in the spawn tank on 4/17, spawned overnight on 4/18, still waiting to see tails. Both parents are from IBC judges/breeders from Thailand.

Temps in both tanks are 86-88. Nothing in there but IAL. Used previous method of small tub with holes in a 10g tank.

Will update with pictures once I get around to taking them lol.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #2 
Myates

Parents of the second spawn - both are 180 (not shown) .. this is a definite "wonder what I will get" spawn lol.. love these types!
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #3 
DragonFyre14

That male is really pretty. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this to see how the babies turn out
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yay! More babies!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #5 
Darth

You will get a good mix of red and blue If it were me I would have used a nice dragon red and white girl, you will also get a couple short finned Bettas because if they are sibs, they are carrying it for Plakat.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #6 
Myates

hehe.. that one is going to be one interesting spawn lol.. I figured I would get some odd ones in the mix, but right now my female selection for this dragon male is very limited.. when I purchased him I was not aware he was a dragon (the video was too far away to see clearly), and I'm not a big dragon fan.
And that female isn't the one I ordered originally.. ordered a royal blue girl for my blue DTHM, but got her instead.

So figured to put the two "odd" ones in my breeding group together and see what I get.

I had used him once to see what I get.. my first batch with him is giving me all cambodians with all different colored fins, and a few white dragons with clear fins.

He is probably going to be put into retirement after this last spawn.. he is starting to grizzle quite a bit, which explains why a few of his older spawn is starting to as well.

For her, unsure her future.. I'm not doing HMPK (outside of one pair of EEs).. will see what I get from some of these spawns and see if anything will go with her... can always work out the short fins. I just don't think I can get rid of any breeding female just yet lol.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #7 
justmel

I'm really interested in seeing some of your males babies. I am looking at breeding my DT, Ra, who has very similar coloring.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

If you get any red, white and blue then I'd be interested in one.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #9 
trilobite

That girl is amazing!! Very interested to see how the babies turn out
trilobite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #10 
Myates

Thanks! They are doing great so far..

The DTHMxHM are getting more active and bigger... no pictures yet as it's hard to see them still.

The other spawn - HMxHMPK are also doing well. The dad is still with them and taking care of them. Unlike last time when I pulled him (he refused to eat for a week+ after pulling him), he is eating really good while in the fry tank. Looks like I have a good amount in there, seems to be bigger than the DT spawn.

And sure thing DQ! I don't believe either of these carry the marble gene, but who knows what I'll get!

Thanks trilobite, poor girl got really really beat up - lots of scales missing, I'd say a total of 20% of her scales on her body are gone. And lots of fin damage. But so far she is doing good recovering.. eating and active.