I'd say 100% get rid of it. I have one and he has been a major problem. If I didn't have a tank that he could live all by himself in he would have killed many fish by now. Unfortunately, 1077 is right. They can be useful algae eaters when they are young, and are commonly sold. However, as soon as they start to grow up, they pretty much stop eating algae and start attacking other fish.
I had mine in a 6 foot tank when he was under 4 inches and he started to shred my full grown Bolivian Ram's fins. He was promptly moved out. But up until then he had been a model citizen and had just recently moved to the very large, heavily planted, understocked tank, which was just about the best community situation he could have been in. He was very cute, and had a lot of personality when he was younger, but he seems to have grown out of that :(
Even if the personality wasn't a problem, the size will be. I've seen them get past 10 inches.