Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #91 
Jexx

umm I want to shop at your petsmart Snowflayke!!!!
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #92 
Agent13
Reference Team

What limits me..?? Let me list the reasons
1) My "zoo" consists of a 4yrold and 8yr old human, a 9yr old blue pitbull, a bearded dragon in her 40 gallon terrarium( and her 7 different live foods that I have to care for!), a 10g with 2 guppy's and 3 African dwarf frogs, my daughters 4g with her marble HM male betta, and my 5g with the new guy a CT male Betta.
2) well hell ...SPACE!.. refer to #1 and you'll understand
3) I work full time and a single mother with 100% custody so time is an issue for giving all my zoo member proper care.
4) I love going away on vacation often and it's hell getting someone to come over and give proper care to the aquatic ones( and sometimes the kids as well when adult vacation). I have a constant option for the dragon and the dog but the rest of my zoo not so much

Howeevveer... If another healthy Marble Betta shows up at Petco(they didn't know what they had!...well neither did I lol) I can't say my will is that strong
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #93 
Snoeflayke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
umm I want to shop at your petsmart Snowflayke!!!!
You're close enough to visit!
Just one border hop and about an hour and a half drive, and you can shop there too!

The best part? He knows what he's talking about.
Snoeflayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #94 
fiky95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoeflayke View Post
You're close enough to visit!
Just one border hop and about an hour and a half drive, and you can shop there too!

The best part? He knows what he's talking about.
CHEERING FOR A COUPLE!

Ok, I know I'm getting a tad bit overexcited, but I can't be the only one.

Anyway, terribly jealous of all your amazing fish! :D You guys have so many and take care of them so well, it's awesome.:) I have just one in a 7gal and am tragically limited by my parents, money, space and lack of outlets.xD

Last edited by fiky95; 04-24-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: overuse of the word terribly which was making me look like an idiot with poor vocabulary, not that I'm particularly eloquent
fiky95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #95 
Freyja
Banned

Husband and space lol. But I am putting a sorority together, I will be getting about ten girls so I am getting more betta, just not more tanks.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #96 
lovemyfish99

Probably my boss. Started a year ago with two VTs (avatar, Steve and Alan) at the office. Went to Petsmart on Sat, and SALE!! So I bought two more, for a total of 4 at the reception area desk. Each one in a 1 gal canister, so it looks like an exhibit ;) 2 veil tails, 1 halfmoon and 1 crowntail.

I want more...
lovemyfish99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #97 
shushcat

While lack of outlets is a concern, for me it's lack of sturdy spaces to put more tanks! Also the knowledge that if I give in to this betta illness once, I'll do it again
shushcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #98 
Taeanna
Reference Team

I am hoping to move overseas when I finish my degree and I would hate to put multiple fish through a lengthy and stressful quarantine process.
Therefore Kaida can be my solo brat fish who will get way more attention than is good for him.
Taeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #99 
megan6o6

I only have one betta boy in a 2.5 g tank! i want anther but i live in a dorm room :( not ideal!!!!!
megan6o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #100 
Viva

Hmmm so I know I posted in this thread not too long ago explaining why I "can't" get anymore bettas, but I saw yesterday that they were having a sitewide sale on thatpetplace.com, so I splurged =3. Got a 50w Aqueon heater for $15 on Amazon (hopefully it's fully functional). Then got a glass hood, 4 silk plants, 3 different caves, 2 thermometers and 3 betta hammocks all for around $54 including shipping. Now, since I already have a spare filter and I plan on doing a bare-bottom tank, I just need the actual 10 gallon tank itself. I also need to pick up some more dividers for it because I will be splitting it into either 3 or maybe 4 compartments so I can use the tank for rescues. Yay!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote