Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #101 
bannlow2471

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  42.3 KB@Viva, that sounds like a great idea! As far we what's stopping me, I guess not much. I came home with two new girls (orange crowntail, Clementine and marble? veiltail, Bettina) on Friday night.

Last edited by bannlow2471; 04-28-2013 at 08:30 AM.
bannlow2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #102 
bannlow2471

Oops forgot Clementine's pic.
Attached Images

bannlow2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #103 
Snoeflayke

Ooh, such pretty girls! My next tank is going to be an NPT sorority!

(So, uhh, yeah, nothing really stopping me right now...)
Snoeflayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #104 
jadaBlu

My husband I think officially has a head count now. That came about when we went to the hardware store to get lumber to make a table top and I mentioned a partial number of the amount tanks I would need.

I still want at least one more this year and I am going to try asking for it as a gift for our anniversary. I want a purple betta. Purple is my absolute favorite color and Purple bettas don't seem to be common. It will probably be a Aquabid fish unless someone here come through with one they need a home for or to sell. My anniversary is in October BTW! Also the water changes are giving me a workout. I am up to 2am on Fridays doing water changes. I would get it done sooner but I prepare the water ( a few degrees higher and it cools and the Prime sits to eliminate bubbles) before we go to dinner (date night) and when I get back I change the water. Fridays are one of the few free days I have. It will get a little easier most my tanks will all be in a row on my stand and I am going to use a pump to refill. You can see the basic intended set up in my album.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #105 
sainthogan

Space. That is the biggest factor. My husband, son and I live in a one bedroom apartment that used to be a motel room, so not a whole lot of space there. I currently have two 5 gallon tanks both with one betta in them and a 3 gallon and a 1/2 gallon tank that are both empty. My hubby won't let me put any fish in anything less than a 5 gallon from now on, so..... my 3 gallon is waiting for something. I'm considering putting a cricket in the 1/2 gallon tank for my son to raise.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #106 
aemaki09

Hmm, probably space. I moved back in with my parents last year and now I only have space in my bedroom to keep them in (and a couple grow-out tubs in the basement). I have 12 tanks running right now and theres just no way I could get anymore to fit in here. Once I move back out I'll have a fish room, but even then I'll probably keep my betta numbers around where they are currently at so that I can make room for the Bristlenose Pleco program I'm working to start up right now. Just have to get everyone grown out and moved into larger tanks.
then comes money, and because my BF already thinks that I'm a crazy fish lady. Imagine how much worse it'll get when I convince him I need a fish room!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #107 
Starfish1

That orange girl is so pretty!
Starfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #108 
Jexx

NY here I come! lol (kidding! i'm married and as of sunday my husband banned m from petsmart :/. On friday I went and bought some moneywort, anubias, and marimo balls and i ended up accidentally bringing home a guppy fry. so now he says that since every time i go to pets mart I come home with a fish whether its intentional or not, i'm not allowed to go for a while. [the guppy really wa an accident. they keep some fish in with their plants and I guess a guppy had given birth and one of the fry hitch hiked in the water the plants were kept in. i didn't see returning him as an option. he's only like 2-3 weeks old. he needs a mommy!])
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #109 
wish4coner

Right now, I have 4 males in 2 gal. glass bowls from the Walmart hobby section, with heaters. My females are in two different chi's. My breeder male is in with bubbles, in a plastic tub with adj. heater--still unsure if there are eggs but hopeful. Next to him, is the fry tub, with a heater and a homemade sponge filter, until mine come in.

Let's see--cost of breeding fish--well over 400.00 combined with males/females. Heaters, tubs, tanks and now, in need of 8 plug outlets? What's stopping me from buying more? No electric outlets, no money and out of fish tank room! lol Oh, and cleaning of house--not done as, I am spending 6-8 hours feeding and cleaning tanks. Oh, did I mention that I have a 29G, 4 filter tank (external and internal) filters, with rare African cichlids that are growing to adulthood. Did I get excited and obsessed, all at once? YESSSSS! Help! lol
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #110 
Snoeflayke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
NY here I come! lol (kidding! i'm married and as of sunday my husband banned m from petsmart :/. On friday I went and bought some moneywort, anubias, and marimo balls and i ended up accidentally bringing home a guppy fry. so now he says that since every time i go to pets mart I come home with a fish whether its intentional or not, i'm not allowed to go for a while. [the guppy really wa an accident. they keep some fish in with their plants and I guess a guppy had given birth and one of the fry hitch hiked in the water the plants were kept in. i didn't see returning him as an option. he's only like 2-3 weeks old. he needs a mommy!])
But looking isn't a crime!
I totally understand. At this point, I think I'll be kicked out if I bring any more fish home before I get my current ones' fins healed up!
Snoeflayke is offline   Reply With Quote