Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2013, 12:09 AM   #51 
DanielaMarie

What about plugging power bars into power bars
DanielaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #52 
Syriiven

My factors are space and outlets really, and then money. I have 9 tanks with heaters, lights and bubblers hooked to a single outlet through a mess of power bars and cords. And that's not all my tanks, just the most on one outlet.

I envision one day having a house big enough I can designate an actual fish room and have several outlets installed so the fish can be on sturdy shelves against those walls without risk of blowing a socket and keeping things tidy.

But then I'd want to get more fish to fill more space xD

21 bettas, 7 panda cories, 4 snails // 12 tanks (most 5g or under, 2 10g, 1 29g)

I stagger the water changes so I can keep up with it all after a full-time job and art commissions, but it certainly does take up a lot of time when you throw dinner and cleaning house and actual sleep in there xD
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #53 
Syriiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielaMarie View Post
+1 I do that xD
Old 04-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #54 
veggiegirl

Originally Posted by DanielaMarie

Ummm don't think that is really safe......it can overload the power point and cause a fire so yeah be really careful about doing that.....
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #55 
Syriiven

Will be upgrading to larger powerbars asap. Did not realise that, thanks Veggiegirl.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #56 
veggiegirl

No probs, don't want any disasters! your set up is amazing by the way, those shelves are awesome and I just love the way you decorated them
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #57 
Syriiven

Thanks ^^ Today was a super busy day but I'm really happy with how it turned out! Good thing larger power bars was on my list this payday anyhow.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #58 
bettacrazygirl86

I currently have three bettas, but I'm caring for my sister's betta too, so I guess you can say I have four. I have one divided 10 gallon which houses my male, Patriot, and female betta, Tiny Tina, and two zebra nerite snails, which have made babies that will never hatch. :( Poor little things. I also have a 3 gallon KK which houses my baby betta, Norman. My other 3 gallon KK houses my sister's ill betta, but he'll soon be going back to his own tank.

The only thing preventing me from buying more bettas is that I don't have any more available heaters. Plenty of tanks, but no heaters. :( And my college dorms only allow me to bring one 10 gallon tank. I'll be dividing my 10 gallon into three parts so once my baby is big enough, he can go in it too with his own nerite snail, most likely.
bettacrazygirl86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #59 
Polkadot

Like pretty much everyone on here I would love to have more,but I have to stop myself and be realistic.I have 3 very lovely little boys and they are very good to me and very good for me.To look after 3 properly is a very good number for me.Plus I have also run out of electrical outlets and space.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #60 
LittleBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
Will be upgrading to larger powerbars asap. Did not realise that, thanks Veggiegirl.
Yeah definitely no one piggyback double adapters or anything like that off power points or power boards. Like Veggiegirl said, it can cause fires because you overload it.

It is a pain that bettas require heaters unless you heat the room or live in the tropics. Would cut down on a lot of power points if they were cold water fish!
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote