Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #61 
Syriiven

Yes, that is very true. Lol, but as much as I would love to move ( in Canada) I'm here for several more years atleast >.<
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #62 
Jexx

if none of our bettas needed heaters, just think how many more bettas we could have!
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #63 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I would have....5 more tanks!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #64 
Jexx

I could have 3 more!
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #65 
Viva

1. Lack of space
2. Lack of motivation to explain to my boyfriend how I need to save every animal in need, EVER
3. I want to buy a new car soon
4. I already have 6 bettas (3 tanks), 2 cats and a bunny to care for.

Last edited by Viva; 04-22-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #66 
SunshineSulie

At this point I have one female. She's beautiful.

What is stopping me?
1) I live in a dorm room.
2) I am going to Alaska in 5 months.
3) My fiance thinks I am insane.
4) I am poor. Lol ol
SunshineSulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #67 
pittipuppylove

Let's see... I personally have 11 bettas and a 15 gallon community tank and I supervise the care of my sister's betta and the 10 gallon don't-know-what's-going-into-it-yet tank at work.

What's stopping me from getting more-
- Money - although I did just get my tax return, so that's not as much of an issue at the moment
- Space - every available surface in my dorm that could safely hold a tank currently does, and the dorm I'll be in next school year is smaller than the one I'm in now. I'm working on switching to a rack system for the summer, though, and that may make space less of an issue
- Time - to a certain extent... It takes me around 1-2 hours to do water changes for all of the tanks, and it's a bit of a pain because I have to dump/get new water from the floor's bath/shower room down the hall.
- Running electrical cords - I have enough outlets to safely run all of my tanks, but I'm still working on getting all of them organized so it's easier to work with and doesn't look like a mess.
- Moving - I need to move some or all of my tanks to and from school at least three times a year, and it's a major pain in the rear getting everybody cupped/bagged, draining and tearing down the tanks, transferring them to the car, and setting them back up.
- To a small extent - college regulations on tank size. While my school technically allows up to 30 gallons of tank volume per room, they don't really seem to care. I have around 45 gallons total at the moment and know a person who runs a 50 gallon in his room - no one's ever had an issue so long as we don't do anything stupid.

I'm lucky that my parents are pretty darn accepting of my hobby and that they respect that it's more or less a form of therapy for me. However, I'm fairly sure that my dear father is starting to think that I'm becoming the crazy fish lady
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #68 
osromatra

Space, both as far as a tank, then also a space for said tank. I also would need a heater. I'd have as many as I could if not for concerns. :)
osromatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #69 
JandE Pets

1 space- every flat space but the floor is taken in my bedroom lol.
2 money- you can never have enough for everything you need

i have ten right now and planning on getting more as soon as i get my shelving put up.
JandE Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #70 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
I don't bettas quite qualify for Sociology but at 2 weeks now I've thought there would be an interesting thesis that researched and discussed the psychology of betta owners and the relationship with their fish. What is the the fascination and thought process behind of this? Why do we get hooked? There are lots of fish and pets one could have why bettas? Why can we not drive past a Petco without stopping? Why do we keep going to the store just to get "supplies" only to eventually return with a betta? We continue to hear the siren call of the betta mermaid. I think that is going be my signature.
You should do research on it and write a paper. I have thought about writing a paper on people who dress their animals in clothes, which I am one of those people .
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote