Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #31 
ANHEL123

yes it really good to give them one by one and wait make sure he ate it:)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #32 
Theluvatre

Okay! ummmmm first things first I won't leave the light on anymore. How much are heaters usually? Should I get like a mini one since i have such a tiny tank? I can do the water change tomorrow after school. ahhhhhhh hopefully i can go get pellets soon. Do they have those at walmart? I'll probably get to walmart quicker than petco or petsmart. Can I just use the little bowl he came in for water changes? For right now with the flakes I have how often should I be feeding that and how do I make sure he eats it.
Theluvatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #33 
ANHEL123

The best recommended heaters . And you can get them for one gall i think it 25w.

Penn Plax Cascade
Hagen Elite Mini Submersible
Hydor Theo
Marineland Visitherm

Most of, if not all of these heaters have to be ordered online or found in a local fish shop. Petsmart and Petco generally don't carry them. Good places to order are www.amazon.com and www.drsfostersmith.com

I don't think you can find that betta food at walmart. You need to go to Pet stores. And the stores around me sometimes out of stock so i have to wait for new delivery. And not all stores have those brands. I know my petsmart have Omega but don't have NLS. So check a few stores , but i guess if you can't find you can order on line. So don't even spend you time to go to walmart.
When you give him flakes just try to see if he eats it. I know you said that he is hiding when he sees you. But if he is healthy hopefully soo he will get used to you and will follow your finger too. I guess just get away from the tank close enough to see him. If he is healthy and eating he will come to eat.
Give him a little pinch of the flakes. Just little bit because most of it sink to the water right away.

Also when you go to pet store get aquarium salt and if you will be at the pharmacy department get Epsom salt (unscented) . It first aid for bettas when they sick . I think it good idea to have them on hands

Last edited by ANHEL123; 04-25-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #34 
Theluvatre

okay sounds good I'll work on trying to get the food and the heater. he seems to be a little bit more trusting, but not a whole lot.
Theluvatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #35 
ANHEL123

Hagen 25W elite adjustable i think will be good for 1 gall and for 2.5 gall tank it you upgrade him to 2.5 gall.

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Submersi..._tit_2_rsrssi0
Old 04-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #36 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

And good online store that I love is ThatPetPlace.com, it's got great deals on products! But of course you kind of need a credit card too, but I've used them many times and they are almost always the cheapest!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote