Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #1 
wish4coner

Opinions Please

Since I made a mistake by getting a rosetail, I have an HM black devil on bid. I was wondering if you could take a look and give me an opinion.

I just love his form and coloring.

And considering doing a bid on this guy.

Last edited by wish4coner; 04-21-2013 at 03:55 PM.
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

The pic is to small for me to judge accurately... A link to the auction?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #3 
wish4coner

links to auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Imported-Stunning-Fire-and-Ice-HalfMoon-Hawk-Male-Betta-/261201519987?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd0d2 e573

This is second guy I am interested in that isn't too expensive

Here is the one I already bid on:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261201527476...84.m1431.l2649
Old 04-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #4 
Chard56

That first one is the same picture Bettaspark has for an avatar. Exact same picture. Don't know if anything funny is going on or they have more than one the same color and are just using the same picture or not. If the second one is the Rosetail you are referring too, I don't see why you are calling it a Rosetail. It is a Halfmoon with an abundance of caudal fin rays but I really don't see any Rosetail effects. It is also a Black Red Copper not a Black Devill. ~ Chard
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #5 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Chard, Bettasoark said that it is not his fish but it looks exactly the same. See? http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=158153

Wish4coner, Chard is right.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #6 
wish4coner

Rosetail from previous buy

The rosetail I am referring to, was recommended to me by a breeder and I did not know the concerns with breeding when I bought him. I was told he was show quality and breeding quality. I paid 45.00 for him, and easily swayed into doing so.

I found out, in this forum about the problems with the x-factor so, being new at this, I didn't want to chance the problems. This is why I am now asking for opinions before I buy a fish.

The listing is on ebay. This guy has a 100% positive feedback so, I am hoping all is okay. I now read through and won't take anything under 99.8% positive. I realize, even the best person can have issues. And, I read what was negative and go from there.

It does say he bought from a thai breeder, though. Don't know if it is from the same breeder that the other member has.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #7 
Chard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Chard, Bettasoark said that it is not his fish but it looks exactly the same. See? http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=158153

Wish4coner, Chard is right.
If you look at the avatar picture of Bettaspark's and the auction picture they are the exact same picture. Wish4coner do you have a picture of the Rosetail?
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #8 
wish4coner

Name:  Wiley.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  6.3 KB

Wiley is currently in the tank that has eggs...I had already started breeding before I knew the history of rosetails
Old 04-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #9 
wish4coner

also, for confusion

The second one I liked on ebay, is a fire and ice, they call him. That's why I included the link. Because of what you guys told me, I refrained from any bids on rosetails.

Just wanted to clear that up.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #10 
Myates

The first guy is absolutely stunning, but he has a bit of a spoon going on with his topline. Not a deal breaker though. Just keep in mind with finding a female to make sure her topline (from dorsal to mouth) is as straight as you can find so their fry will have smoother lines.

The second guy is gorgeous, I have one similar - blue dragon, red fins with black edging.. trouble I have with him is finding a good female to compliment him without causing redwash.

Just make sure with both of these fish, as they are unique, that you make sure you know what your goal is, what color/pattern you are wanting and make sure the females compliment them in ways to bring out their best and improve on their flaws.

Good luck!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote