Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #1 
Raincloud

~Raincloud's Diary~

Hello to whom ever finds themselves reading this topic. This is my first diary online, but I thought this would be a good way to keep track of everything so I can reminisce.

Right now, I have:

- one 5.5 gallon that holds Esau
- one 10 gallon that is currently empty
Raincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Pics? I'm excited to read this!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #3 
isochronism

Excited about your 10 Gal. Sorority :)
(take your time)
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #4 
Mashiro

Oh, pics!!! Please?!

Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #5 
Raincloud

Wow, I never actually thought anyone would read this >.< I will at least get pictures of Esau up soon!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #6 
Raincloud

This is a terrible picture from about a week ago. His fins have already grown a lot since then but I hope to post updated pictures of his progress. He is always flaring at his reflection but everytime I try to get a picture he gets excited to see me and stops. Ughhh.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #7 
Raincloud

His face looks funny in this picture too? I don't know why it looks so gray.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #8 
Raincloud

4/23/2012

I went both to Petco and Petsmart today after class. My plan was to get a new bulb, substrate and a live plant since I am converting my 5.5 to a NPT. I successful went to Petco and got a UltraSun bulb and some conditioner. I peeked at the Betta selection and had to tear myself away from a black female who was energetically swimming around her cup while the others just laid on the bottom. I may end up going back and getting her for my sorority....
Anyways, after that I went to Petsmart for the plant and substrate but the plant choices were very limited today. I ended up looking at the ADF's, well you can guess what happened next. I went skipping out with a new frog. My plan was the put my ADF in with my Male Betta but the frog is so young I am afraid. Now he is getting acclimated to a large vase where he will be quarantined and hopefully grow some before I put his in the tank. I will attempt to get plants later in the week. >.<
Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #9 
Raincloud

4/23/2012

I must have lost my mind! Remember the black female I mentioned in my previous post? Well, I found out she is a crowntail. How do I know that? Because I ran (well really sped) over to petco at 8:50(10 minutes before it closes) and got her! I guess the good thing is she will have plenty of time quarantined... Oh yeah, her and another crowntail female I ended up getting O.O Sadly the second one I picked up had lost her color and had bold stress stripes (the black one had it too but not anywhere near as bad, though her fins are clamped :( ) Now I have decided to make a sorority of rescues, though this will probably lengthen the process. I hope they recover soon!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #10 
Raincloud

4/24/2013

All three of my new additions seem to be doing better today. I haven't picked out any name though, I think I will wait and see what kind of personality they all have. The female with the stress stripes unfortunately still has them but her tail is turning red, making me think she will be all red when she recovers.

I will be going out of town twice in May so I think it will either be the very end of May or later by the time I am able to set up my sorority. Now that I think about it probably much later because I can maybe get one more girl before I leave and then I will have 3 in quarantine which mean I will need at least 2-3 weeks to quarantine the other 2-3. -_- I am kind of anxious leaving them as it is since they are so much more work like this and it seems females are more sensitive than the males.

Well, I don't want Esau to feel left out, his fins are continuing to grow and he is happy. Maybe I am losing my mind but it looks like he has gotten bigger since I upgraded him from a 1 gallon to the 5.5...not even fatter, but just all around bigger.

I really need to get some good pictures of all of them. I took a few of the girl and the ADF but the quality was horrible. I ended up posting them in an advice topic in betta care.

Last edited by Raincloud; 04-24-2013 at 03:01 PM.