Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #1 
Kittiekins

Talking I don't know what to do with myself!

OH MY... I.... I don't know what to do with myself. I was just told I can get a 100gal fish tank!!!!!! @.@

I don't even know what I could put in there. The possibilities... there's so many... What would I put in it?!
I CAN FINALLY GET MY FIRE EEL I'VE ALWAYS WANTED!!!!!!
Do you guys have any idea what I can do with it if I get it?!
This is a whole new world of fish for me! I've never had over 10 gals for fish!!!!
Kittiekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:20 AM   #2 
WolfHhowling

Pair of angle fish.

Corry cats.... Idk... just look at fish picks... And Research... sure... something will strike your fancy lol
WolfHhowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #3 
Shadyr

All of them!
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #4 
WolfHhowling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
All of them!
Nah I say she does the world larges sorority tank!!! Chock my first suggestion out the window!

Think of all the females she could put in there... ( yes I just made a betta addict squeal with delight)
WolfHhowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #5 
Kittiekins

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfHhowling View Post
Nah I say she does the world larges sorority tank!!! Chock my first suggestion out the window!

Think of all the females she could put in there... ( yes I just made a betta addict squeal with delight)
hahaha Im just squealing in delight of a tank that big! WHAT IF I LEARNED SALTWATER TANKS!!! There's a work shop for it right now at my local petstore! But would I really wanna practice a salt tank on such a large scale? I also got an empty 26gal I could practice that in>.>
Kittiekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #6 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I would definitely do the saltwater in the 29 first to see how everything fairs.

By the way, I'm super jelly of you right now lol Although I was nearly this stoked when I got my 33 gallon free from my university because I was complaining to the right people at the right time! Haha

But congrats to you! I wouldn't put any betta's in there though, just thinking about how long it would take them to get to the surface unless it had a rather large footprint. But I would consider Angel fish, smaller cichlids like apistogrammas or rams (my particular fave.) a catfish or two. My favorites were the Synodontis Eupterus Catfish and spotted Raphael Catfish. You could also do some of the larger Gourami's as well!

To decide on my 33 gallon before I even thought about a sorority I had to write out a list of stocking ideas on a word document and switch things around before I could decide lol It took me about 3 months of pure research on compatibility and requirements before I settled on the sorority!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #7 
Chevko

Ohmygod CONGRATS! So far my big one is a 40breeder, but we need a stand before we can set it up. (That's my boyfriend's rules on it anyway, but we seriously don't have anything to sit it on right now nor anyplace to put it)

Whatever you do, SHOW US THE IN-PROGRESS!!
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #8 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Nice I'd love to have an empty 100 gallon to fill.

You should really know your tap water ph and hardness before you decide on which fish to get.

Go to a great fish store even if you have to drive further than the chain stores and see what catches your eye.

Make a list and then check out the profiles at the top of the main page here to see what best matches your parameters and what they are compatable with.

Good luck!
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #9 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

If you're not familiar with it, I use aqadvisor.com to check my stocking. It doesn't tell you compatability which I think most people hate about it, but it's a great tool to help you and everyone else along as well. It also tells you the recommended water changes per week, I find it very useful!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #10 
isochronism

What a great opportunity!!! Good for you!!!
I would only suggest to REALLY take your time and research as others have suggested. It will be a long-term tank. When I finally move to a house (in not too long) I plan to have a very large long tank which I anticipate will take a good few months to set-up. I am thinking a strict sorority.
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
excited, happy, large fish, possibilities, stoked