Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #1 
Kyurem150

Sapphire the baby Betta

This is my Sapphire, my mom and I's new baby Betta we got at PetCo. I think 'it' is a she but I am not completely sure. The ammonia level in 'its' cup was at 4.0 ppm. I hope to see him/her grow up to be a big Betta!

Name:  image(3).jpg
Views: 132
Size:  25.3 KB
Kyurem150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #2 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyurem150 View Post
This is my Sapphire, my mom and I's new baby Betta we got at PetCo. I think 'it' is a she but I am not completely sure. The ammonia level in 'its' cup was at 4.0 ppm. I hope to see him/her grow up to be a big Betta!

Attachment 104729
Good luck! I wish you the best of luck (and just to make sure) I hope you have a good heater, frozen or live blood worms and crunchable pellets :) New Life Spectrum is really good but frozen or live bloodworms and daphnia are great for little guys :)

BUT I have never owned a baby (although one of my newest girls was labeled and baby and recently reached maturity so I took her home :D )

Last edited by Roemgie; 04-24-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: More info
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #3 
Kyurem150

I don't have any frozen or live worms/daphnia so... I have been feeding him/her NLS Bette Formula pellets, I didn't feel like spending another extra $7 for the growth formula plus the food is shared amongst my two other boys and I can see new colors blooming on their fins!
Kyurem150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #4 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyurem150 View Post
I don't have any frozen or live worms/daphnia so... I have been feeding him/her NLS Bette Formula pellets, I didn't feel like spending another extra $7 for the growth formula plus the food is shared amongst my two other boys and I can see new colors blooming on their fins!
Yeah I feel also sometimes those foods 'specially for _______' aren't really as good as just regular food. But I have to say that when you get a chance get the frozen bloodworms at least, talk about bringing out some colors and health!! But good luck with your little one :) and just to let you know once you can 'sex' the baby that means they're about 3-4 months old :) so plenty of years ahead of the little guys!
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote