Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #1 
BettaSpark

Went in for a heater came out with a NEW BETTA! :)

Well, i have done it, i went in to buy a heater, instead came out with a baby dragonscale betta. I think hes a halfmoon, not so sure on his color as im getting to know colors. Can you help me out and guess what color he is called? I had seen him a few days ago when i went into petsmart to buy somthing for my chinchillas. I feel in love with him but knew i didnt have any room for him, but i went back today and seen him there looking not as healthy as i had seen him prior and he was on sale so BOOM he was sold that very instant lol.

So ladies and Gentlemen here is my newest little stinker "King" (not sure about the name yet) im open to name suggestions :)

So glad i bought him
BettaSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #2 
Mashiro

He looks metallic. How about Steele?
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #3 
BettaSpark

I was thinking metalic or copper possibly? Owe steele is a cool name!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #4 
BettaSpark

also you can't really tell but his body is all purple :)

Last edited by BettaSpark; 04-24-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #5 
BettaSpark

So i have discovered FINALLY that my new betta is a what i believe a Purple Copper Female Plakat :D maybe 2.5 months old if im wrong please correct me :)
Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #6 
BettaSpark

Well i wanted to test it and see.....well he/she flared at dragon lol i dont think females have beards?

Sorry about the quality taken with my Iphone lol and of course right when it was focused and i was ready to shot it he moved and then it unfocused and took it. but it shows his/her form :)

EDIT: New picture :)

Last edited by BettaSpark; 04-24-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #7 
aznmint

I think she/he is male copper plakat =) i don't think he's a halfmoon cause the branching of the rays only split into two. I'm not an expert so if anyone else know what he really is feel free to correct me xD
aznmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #8 
BettaSpark

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmint View Post
I think she/he is male copper plakat =) i don't think he's a halfmoon cause the branching of the rays only split into two. I'm not an expert so if anyone else know what he really is feel free to correct me xD

Yeah thats what i was thinking he/she is a purple copper dragonscale plakat. The container i bought him/her in said: Betta Dragonscale Male
Old 04-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #9 
Fenghuang

I'm leaning towards male. Females have beards too when they flare, just smaller, but his body shape seems more...boyish. Pretty fish, either way.

Does he have a heater yet? You said you went to Petsmart to get a heater for your crowntail, right?
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #10 
BettaSpark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
I'm leaning towards male. Females have beards too when they flare, just smaller, but his body shape seems more...boyish. Pretty fish, either way.

Does he have a heater yet? You said you went to Petsmart to get a heater for your crowntail, right?

Im hoping for male :)
Well i am going to buy 3 heaters when i get paid next week. I dont have the money to buy one atm then after i plan to buy them all a small filter as well :)