Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #21 
Rainbows

Location: In a house, in a town, in a state, in USA, on earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Can you think of anything different that you might have done with his tank? Or anything that could have gotten into his tank like room spray or hairspray?
Nope. His tank has a cover over it so nothing can get in unless I open up the lid. The guppies inside seem pretty healthy accept one that's beep a bit on the odd side since I've had him. Nothing's different with his tank. I feed him the same food and do everything normal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Rainbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #22 
Sakura8

You may want to take him out and isolate him in a hospital tank or float him in a cup in the main tank to stay warm. Add 1 tsp AQ salt per gallon to help coat his gills and ease any distress.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #23 
Rainbows

Quote:
You may want to take him out and isolate him in a hospital tank or float him in a cup in the main tank to stay warm. Add 1 tsp AQ salt per gallon to help coat his gills and ease any distress.
I can do that tomorrow! I will switch him to a much smaller tank, perhaps a 2 gallon will be fine?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #24 
Sakura8

Yes and if you need to lower the water level so he can reach the surface, that's fine.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #25 
Rainbows

Quote:
Yes and if you need to lower the water level so he can reach the surface, that's fine.
Thanks again! Hope this works out!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #26 
Rainbows

UPDATE:
Looks like today he is still the same. He is slightly responding to me though when I walk by but he is still gasping for air. I also noticed that one of my guppies are floating at the top dead. Just yesterday all 3 of my guppies were swimming around happy but now? one is dead. So, its time to move them into a the hospital tank.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #27 
Sakura8

I'm so sorry about your guppy. :( I'm not sure I understand. You do twice weekly water changes, correct? That should be more than enough to keep the water quality under control even with 1 betta and the guppies so I don't think it's a water quality issue. However, you may want to test it as soon as you can get your things back.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #28 
Rainbows

Quote:
I'm so sorry about your guppy. :( I'm not sure I understand. You do twice weekly water changes, correct? That should be more than enough to keep the water quality under control even with 1 betta and the guppies so I don't think it's a water quality issue. However, you may want to test it as soon as you can get your things back.
I wont be getting my testing kit back until next month. Its all the way in florida and Im miles and miles away. Well, I've noticed he is moving around better now, but it seems like he was not swim upwards. I've moved him to another tank that's water is much shallow but he just seems to having a problem with swimming upwards. I had to help him 2 times swimming up to the surface.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #29 
Sakura8

This is definitely sounding like a swim bladder problem. You may need to lower the water level a lot more and possibly provide some plants for him to rest in near the surface.

Just to clarify, he's not bloated? Has he been pooing and eating regularly?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #30 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Could you get another picture of him so we can see if he looks bloated. Does the tank you have him now have a clear bottom so you can see if he is pooping or not ?
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote