Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #1 
lovemyfish99

ammonia burned fins

I'm pretty sure my new half moon suffered ammonia burned fins. The edges went bright pink (which is how I knew) and now a week after (with daily 100% changes) he's looking pretty raggedy. My question is, how long does it take for the fins to grow back to full size? I'm seeing new growth on the dorsal, but the tail I think has finally finished shedding the damage and is just beginning to regrow. Poor little guy :(
lovemyfish99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #2 
HeroicPoison

Fins take a while to regrow, I wouldnt worry about it. As long as hes happy warm and in good water he will be fine :)
One thing you can use to promote quicker regrowth is API stresscoat+. This stuff really works wonders. An unwanted betta was brought to me and he was completely shredded, its been a few months and his fins are still repairing themselves. It is a slow process
HeroicPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #3 
lovemyfish99

Thank you HeroicPoison, much appreciated. I'm keeping a close eye on him to make sure this isn't fin rot. The edges of the tail are frayed but look clean.
lovemyfish99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #4 
HeroicPoison

Perfect :) Your doing a good job!
HeroicPoison is offline   Reply With Quote