Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #1 
Corky

Smile a fish in my life, again, finally

Corky moved in in late February. This is his 5th home, he started off in a short round bowl, then a larger decorative bowl, then a bit larger fish bowl, then a fancy antique jar a now this "kit". He has some buddies now; 3 Corydoras and some snails to keep things cleaner. Had some brown algae issues, cleaned everything and am going to wait at least 3 months for things to settle again before I get anxious.
I've had tanks in my life since I can remember, at one time in my 30's I had a 55 gal salt water tank, 35 tall that was salt water, three 30 gal, a 35 gal, a 20 tall, two 20 longs, and 2 ten gallon tanks for feeders and one for isolation tank.
Thirty years of life changes later, I am starting again with Corky.
Sure is nice to have an internet connection to like minded people.
I was amazed when I went to the local pet shop at the "innovations" not all good IMHO, didn't see one old fashioned tank, all plastic and waved, and kits with cheap little bitty filters. It took me a long time to part with my money on this Marineland Crescent 3, drove the kids working there nuts.
Oh, yeah, I am new here and now live in the panhandle of Florida.
(geez, sure wish I would have cropped those wires out of the pic, but I am trying not to be so ... OCD) I mean CDO.
Attached Images

Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hi there and welcome , we are so happy you joined us here on the forum ! I too was so excited when I found this forum last year after getting my first fish ever last Mothers Day as a gift from my daughter, best gift ever. I read everything I could on Bettas and their care here on the forum and it helped me so much.

I love Corky`s new home its very nice I bet he loves it too. Make yourself at home here and keep up updated on how Corky and his buddies are doing.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #3 
HeroicPoison

Welcome :)
Youll love this forum! Its so nice to have a community that shares your passion for these little lives.
I really love Corkys new home too! and im sure he does as well.
I am kinda hoping to see a few more pics tho :P
HeroicPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #4 
Corky

pics are a passion

Thanks for the howdy. I do have plenty of pics, I usually take around 20 or 30 a day,
not to worry though, only about 1-2 are worth keeping, digital photography is a blessing for me. Now I just have to figure out how to make albums and navigate the site.
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #5 
HeroicPoison

Im making my first album on here (I never thought of doing it since they are on facebook)... so im starting. Just go to your profile and its on the left hand side :) cant wait to see them
HeroicPoison is offline   Reply With Quote