Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #1 
Skyewillow

Crafting ideas

I figured that there's a few of us on here who craft, and would like to share some ideas, and maybe get some of your great ideas!

Today's craft (since I'm giving my hands a break from sewing) was cute earring studs.
I bought some sterling silver earring blanks:

I had the puffy paint on hand:

so we combined the two:

I got about 10 pairs of cute earring studs, for about 50 cents a pair!

If anyone else has some low cost crafts, especially re and up-cycling, please share!
Thank you!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #2 
Jexx

those are really cute! are you going to sell them or keep them for your self?
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #3 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Those earrings are to cute and I am jealous of all your crafts supplies. I never knew you could use the puffy paint like this, love them and thanks for sharing !!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #4 
Skyewillow

I might keep a couple of pairs, since I just re-opened my 2nd lobe piercing today. But the rest I'm considering selling for the 50 cents that they cost me to make.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #5 
Jexx

do you have any pink ones?
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #6 
Tigersoul101

Those are cute!

My family are not crafty people, but in my free time I make little 5 braid 'friendship' bracelets. Here's what they look like, and I did not make these. I've haven't taken the time to take pictures of them.

When I started to make them I was going to sell them for like 15-25 cents and use the money to give to animals shelters, WWF, and other animal funds, but I hardly have the time to go and make them.
Tigersoul101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #7 
Skyewillow

Those are really pretty! I love all things rainbow. lol
Old 04-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #8 
Tigersoul101

Thank you ^.^! I make them in all sorts of colors. I have some that are holiday themed, others random, and some because they look great together.
Tigersoul101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #9 
JadeAngel

I am a jack of all trades... because I give up on each trade just after I get good at it.... because I get bored of it It actually kind of annoys me about myself, because I really suck at following through.

I have dollfies (asian BJDs) and I have made clothing for them. Not the low quality stuff I've seen people trying to pass off for something worth paying for, but also not those nice lolita dreses I would loooove to learn how to make... but haven't the patience

So I have like 15 skirts and a few shirts sitting in a drawer that I keep forgetting to post on ebay

My most recent crafty project to sell stuff was polymer clay. Turns out I'm actually pretty good at that.

I have sold a few of those, but I also got bored and haven't made any in like 2 months Can you see why I get annoyed at myself? SOOOO... I have a drawer stuffed full of polymer clay.

I made my daughter a name plate about 8" long. My friend's step-mom in law owns a cake shop and wants me to make some to send her for cakes, but that was an idea in passing and they haven't mentioned it since (honestly, since she's my best friend it felt like she was asking it as a favor... and they're not the easiest thing to make and not free for me either, especially the shipping since they're in florida. It made the topic awkward so I didn't bother bringing it up)

I was thinking about taking it up again and making my bettas (my concern with them is the thin fins, as I really dislike polymer clay fish with chunky fins, it looks gaudy to me >.< ) but polymer clay needs a lot of care to make it thin.

All I can say with polymer clay is if you want to make beads (and not get into the really fancy stuff) it's super easy and anyone can do it to make a special necklace or keychain. If you want to get into figures and make simple stuff, even if you don't have any artistic talent, it's really not difficult. The more detailed stuff takes good hand eye coordination, but if anyone is bored, it's really fun to work with

Here are some pics of a few things I've made. (I love making glow in the dark figures!!)

I made a name display for my friend/neighbor that passed away last year at 15 for her grave. I haven't been down to her grave lately to see if it's lasted through the snow and rain, but her mom said the stuff I put there was still there when she was going down to clean up.
Attached Images

JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #10 
JadeAngel

Oh, and a crafty idea that I haven't bothered with is chain mail jewelry :)

I have made lots of jewelry (used to work in a jewelry store) but this one I'll pass on, lol XD

My cousin's fiance makes it and it's really really nice. He uses metal and rubber O-rings of different colors. My cousin made me a silver and black bracelet for my birthday, so if you like that kind of style you may want to explore this idea I love the style, just haven't wanted to make jewerly in years (well, clay pendants aside)
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote