Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #1 
mcrslipknota7x

My 4 awesome Betta fish!

I have been a little sad lately since Bob, my male betta fish who I had for 3 years and Stripe-a-dee, my female betta fish who I had for 2 years died. Bob died 3 weeks ago and Stripe-a-dee died yesterday. Bob just died of old age but, they did not have betta fish drops when I went to the store so I bought Aquasafe and used it. The next day Stripe-a-dee was dead. I think that what may have killed her. Also, my male betta fish Blueberry died 2 weeks ago. He was genetically messed up. He was very sickly and only lived for one year.

I got them all at petco and they were a different color when I got them, then after a few days of having them they turned really bright and beautiful. Their colors were not dull anymore. I thought Melon was pink but really she is dark red.

I still have Melon though. She is a red female betta fish and is 2 years old. She only has one eye because a few months after I got her she developed a white bubble over her eye and her eye popped. She is very happy and healthy though. She swims all around her bowl and her color is bright and pretty.

Bob lived in a 10 gallon tank, Stripe-a-dee lived in a 3 gallon tank, Melon lives in a 2 gallon tank, and Blueberry lived in a 2 gallon tank.

Bob was a dark blue, dark purple and dark red veiltail betta fish. He was the first betta fish I had ever owned and was very special.

Stripe-a-dee was a dark blue and light blue betta fish. She got her name because whenever I got her she had stripes and then they went away. When she gets stressed or when I cleaned her bowl she would have brown stripes.

Blueberry was a ice blue crowntail betta fish. His coloring was beautiful but poor guy, was the ugliest betta fish I had ever seen.

Anyways, sometime this week My Mom is going to take me to get a new male betta fish who will live in Bob's 10 gallon tank.

Anything that I could do different to help my new betta fish when I get him?

What is the average age that male and female betta fish live for?

Melon would not stay still very long so these are not very good pictures of her, but here she is! She is much darker in person. She was not very happy I was taking pictures of her. Also, What type of betta fish is she?

mcrslipknota7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #2 
Meatpuppet

im sorry to hear about all your loss
but you have a beutiful red girl

i would just recomend getting a heater (5 watts per gallon) for all your bettas. they are tropical fish and need 78 degrees constantly. also this goes for all of the fish, just be sure to have a good enviorment for them including substrate (like gravel), lots of hiding places, as said heated water, and it helps to have it filtered.

for more info i recomend checking out the betta care sticky at the top of the betta fish forum.

welcome and good luck
Meatpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:15 AM   #3 
mcrslipknota7x

Thank you for the information and the compliments! :D
Old 07-03-2008, 12:19 AM   #4 
mcrslipknota7x

I will have to get a heater for the 10 gallon tank because I have everything else!
Old 07-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #5 
tmz

its so pretty! i love the stripes. i've never seen one like that.
tmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #6 
mcrslipknota7x

I just noticed that she has yellow stripes in those pictures! She is solid dark red in person. Weird!
Old 07-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #7 
mcrslipknota7x

Well My Mom found a really pretty red male veiltail betta fish at Petco and bought it for me! She said he looks healthy and is active. She has not come home with him yet so I have not seen him yet. We have his tank all ready for him so tomorrow after he gets settled I will take some pictures of him and post them on here! He is still a young betta so he is small. Bob grew to be a HUGE male betta fish but he was bigger than the other bettas at Petco when I got him. I think he was older than the others. I am not sure what I will name him yet but I really excited about him!