Hello! I just joined because i figured it would be useful and definitely the right place to look for help on Bettas if i ever were to need it and how to help my Betta be more comfy.
Well a little about my Betta. His name is Toshu and I have him in a somewhat small little fish bowl. Theres a picture of him on the Betta fish pic thread. The reason i got a smaller one with no filers or such was....welll because of money of course ^^;. I got him for my dorm room so i could have a friend while there to keep me company so I got him now, two months before so we could get use to each other and have proper care plans etc before moving into the new dorm.
The only pet my dorm will allow are fish. And well i just read the rules again and it said any tanks 10 gal or less. So I do plan on getting him a larger tank and filters and more when I get a part time job while in college. Then i can make room for it and plan it out in the dorm before i get it. But regardless of that, Its not an incredibly small case hes in now, If you guys want a better picture Id be willing to take another. Im really concerned about making my fish comfortable in his new home.
My mother thinks im rediculous for asking so many questions I think she finds me slightly irritating XD! But anyway i figured you guys wouldn't mind all too much. So a few questions below!
1. What size tank is good thats under ten gallons with filters and such? (Not incredibly big I'll have to move it around every year @_@. And im not sure about holidays, dont want anything getting stolen ^^; )
2. What kind of decoration is appropriate for Toshu? What type of plants etc.
3. I feed him the little Betta Bits 3 little balls twice a day so i assume thats good =D.
4. The little bowl i have now has a lid with two holes, thats enough air i hope =O.
5. I used normal tap water to fill it. (I hope this isnt like ZOMG HORRIBLE IM GOING TO SHANK YOU FOR TORTURING YOUR FISH WITH TAP WATER. Im not sure ^^; We have a filter on our sink so is that suitable water from the filter? When people say Dechlorinized and Distilled I think of like frozen glacier water for some reason XD.
6. How often should I clean his little place as i have it now?
7. What kind of fish are good to keep in a large tank with the Betta?
8. Um anything you guys wanna add would be great thanks ^^