I'm now just under five weeks into my cycle and I and being the naive person I am, I decided to go for a fish-in cycle.
I've been testing and keeping the everything in check with water changes. I no longer have any ammonia, but my nitrites have been spiking up to 1.0 quite quickly.
Well tonight I tested and they maxed out the test! :(
He's acting normally, swimming and eating just fine, but I'm so worried that the water is hurting him :(
I just did a 50% and I plan to do another in an hour and continue doing that until it's in a safe range.
Should I give him a large dose of Prime to help for the few hours it'll take?
I would do a larger water change, but all I have is a five gallon pale and all stores are closed.
I feel so bad for being stupid enough to put him through this :(