Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #71 
LouiMon

I can't enter as my current Betta has the form of a fishy god, but I'm thinking about starting a rescue for sick/unwanted Bettas. So maybe I can enter round 2? :3
LouiMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #72 
Mar

Woot! Good to see there are more Canadians :)

Okiedokie, I'll be sure to take a look and stalk your diary thread :p
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #73 
bettafishgirl

Working on mine
bettafishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #74 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiMon View Post
I can't enter as my current Betta has the form of a fishy god, but I'm thinking about starting a rescue for sick/unwanted Bettas. So maybe I can enter round 2? :3
You can enter a fish that has passed along the rainbow bridge, just not one that you rehomed before the contest.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #75 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Okay sorry it has taken me so long to post my entry. So this story non of you know the full story... Never told you guys so this shall be interesting.
Sena had to rehome all her fish, I took on 19 I (think) ct fry. They were very interesting but before long they began to die. I ended up with only 7 in the end. The gimp comes in here. The first three had died when I noticed him, a little fry with what looked like no of very mangled fins. I kept an eye on him and watched as he grew. He stayed with the runt and swam awkwardly, I was going to cull him because I figured he wasn't going to have a good life anyways. The fry before they died would lay around and breath heavily, I knew they would not make it through the night if they started doing this. I woke up one morning and saw him laying on the bottom doing the I am going to die soon thing. He looked up at me, the point in his growth where his eyes are to big for his body, and I could not cull him in that moment. I decided to leave him, if he lived he would get to live, if he died well he died.
Hours later he was still hanging on so I carefully removed him from the tank and put him in a cup. I floated him in non other than Jakes tank. I never told anyone this because they would most likely not believe me. But Jake my hm who was super aggressive boy swam slowly up to the him and sat there, looking at him the gimp looking at Jake. Jake did not flare he just sat there motionless for hours...
At the end of the day I picked up the cup and was going to get rid of him when I realized he was still alive! It was amazing I let him go back into his tank with the other ct fry and he has been healthy ever since...
Why I put him in a cup I do not know.
Why I put him in Jakes tank of all places I have no idea
Why he looked up at me as to say "Give me a chance" I wish I knew
Why he lived will always be a mystery.
Syriiven give this little guy the best home ever because he is a fighter who deserves to live, bad fins and all.
After he was let out of the cup back into his tank with the others he became more active swam normally and has ever since thrived.
No animal no matter how different or strange they are should get a chance at life because ugly on the out side they all have an inner beauty.
What Jake did when he was in his tank I have no idea, I wish I could have understood that fish more, he has since passed on but taught me the true meaning of beauty on the outside and this gimp has taught my the true meaning of beauty on the inside.
Attached Images

BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #76 
Skyewillow

A beautiful story for a beautiful little guy!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #77 
Syriiven

;-; My baby...omg...

Ahem, I mean, welcome to the contest!

Now I'm just gonna go sniffle over here and admire my future Chibisaur! <3 Such a beautiful, sad story! I'll be sure he gets the best! I promise!
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #78 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I should start calling him Chibisaur instead of the gimp lol. Thanks guys :D
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #79 
Syriiven

I named him so perfectly ;-;
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #80 
bettafishgirl

Here I was, trapped in a vile little cup. I should have been dancing in the warm waters of Thailand, my fins should have been flowing like an elegant cloud behind me, my "cup-mates" beside me shouldn't be here either. Ah yes; it should have been a mass of things. Slowly, I peered toward the other bettas - some already inanimate and floating like lilypads at the surface of the monotone water. Swiftly, I darted around in my cup in defiance that I would never end like them. As I did, my clamped tail lead uneaten food and my very feces wafting through the cup. I sunk to the bottom in sheer disgust, my slender body folding against the sides. A small part of my tail was parted, and it was literally floating at the roof of the water. The chilly water was so penetrating to me; I decided to store the remaining heat I could muster up. Large, tall shapes moved across the cups, the ones who put me here in the first place. I twitched my clamped up tail in hatred, wishing I could do the same to them.

Suddenly, I felt my whole body lurch forward as the water in the disgusting container rolled. Soon I found my cup - and myself - in the hands of one of the big shapes. They where slowly turning the cup, their massive eyes inspecting every inch of my body. Another violent jerk of water and I was out of the store. Out of it.

My head was spinning from all the motion, and the cup was still shaking. I flared out as best as I could and paced halfheartedly in my water. Now the clouds of- of whatever were really flying now. I tried my best to ignore it. Another cumbersome lurch and I suddenly saw a- a huge body of water around me. Warm water. Was I in Thailand? Already? Rapidly, I tread back and forth in excitement. But I was still in my cup, and I could not help feel disappointed as I moved toward the plastic in longing.

woosh! An odd, waterless object swiped me right up from the dirty cup. I gasped, and in horror I discovered no water flushing through my gills. Frantically, I instantly started flopping in the tangling soft object. But it was okay, because I felt the soft material lifting from my body as water took in my shape. It was so warm, so pure. To gain my vision, I paused in the tank for a moment. And then I darted forward, intense on exploring the waters of Thailand! But glass met me, and I felt my heart drop like stone. I didn't want to be in another cup! But- but this cup was different, it was large and warm, and nicely planted. The water was clear. Hey, it may not be the tropical Thailand water, but it was certainly better then the petstore cup water. I decided I liked- no loved this new place. I looked toward the other creature, who had brought me here. In great gratitude, I flared at her. I was sure my torn tail, rotted away from weeks of the dirty water, would grow back. After all, this was my new cup, my home. And guess what? I never ended up like that other fish; because I may not be the prettiest- I was certainly one of the strongest.

~ Diablo, the halfmoon betta
Attached Images

Last edited by bettafishgirl; 04-27-2013 at 09:08 PM.
bettafishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote