Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2008, 07:14 AM   #1 
stephenmontero

Finally Found Good Vacation Feeder

The TetraMin 14 day vacation feeder doesnt use the plaster and isnt like anything ive ever seen. it was a metal dish with a gel like substance. i was gone for 2 weeks and when i came back my water chemistry was perfect and the tank still clear so yea i would deff recommend this feeder over those other ones that really muck up the water

it was a long trip so i was worried but everything worked out great
stephenmontero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:16 AM   #2 
JMeenen

I have seen them in the Doctor's Foster & Smith catalog..that is exactly what it says in the description...that is is a gel and doesnot mess up your water chemistry...did you use this for Bettas as well as other tropical fish?
JMeenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #3 
stephenmontero

yea i used in my betta tank and i used 3 in my tropical community tank and both tanks were great when i came back the feeders really worked great
Old 07-09-2008, 07:56 AM   #4 
JMeenen

That's good to know..I'm always worried about going away and getting someone to feed for me.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #5 
Kim

Your betta didn't eat too much? I will be leaving for a week and I don't want the person that is feeding our animals to accidentally kill my betta with kindness. I was just worried that he would eat too much himself if I got one of those. Thank you.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #6 
JMeenen

Kim ..I am going to try it for my vacation for the same reason..I am afraid that someone will kill them with overfeeding
Old 07-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #7 
stephenmontero

well in the both tanks there are about 40 fish and i didnt loose a single one so i dont think they over ate cause they are all fine now
Old 07-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Will these vacation feeders not work for single bettas kept in gallon bowls?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #9 
MaverickBAS

Thanks for that info about the vacation feeder. I had my neighbor take care of my Betta while on vacation last month and came home to find lots of food floating on the top of the water. It seems that his definition of "a pinch" of food is different from mine.

Next vacation I'll try this feeder instead.
MaverickBAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #10 
iamntbatman

I tried one of these once. It definitely didn't fowl my water or mess with my water parameters. However...I'm not sure if my fish actually ate it. I was only going to be gone for about 9 days, so I put the feeder in a day early to see if the fish would eat it too fast. None of my fish (danios, kribs, cories, dwarf gouramis) seemed to touch it for that whole day. The only thing that was really interested in it were my snails. I didn't lose any fish so I'm not sure if they did eat some of it or if they just managed to get by somehow.
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote