Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #11 
tmz

yeah i change the water constantly, but i dont really mind cos it gives me something to do.

i dont have a heater cos my room is always at least 75 degrees. i checked the water temp constantly for like a week and it was always around 80 and the fish is wicked active.

a bigger tank will prolly need the heater and filter though. i'll prolly have to upgrade in a month or so...
Old 07-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #12 
tmz

i just noticed theres a cap on that stupid circle tank...thing
how does any oxygen get in the water?!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #13 
okiemavis

Here's a nice one-
http://www.wrapables.com/jsp/Product...uctCode=A54135

*puke*
Old 07-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #14 
Ashkat

OK, that last one? Not only cruel to the fish, but who puts water next to their books?!?

H2O + book = BAD

Seeing as how the purpose of a book end is to hold up books and they often get moved around, the likelihood of those bowls getting sloshed around seems rather high to me.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #15 
ErinBBC

I wonder if PETA or any other animal rights activist groups are involved in getting cruel devices like these (especially the iPond) off the market? I know PETA folks can be extreme, but at least they'd get the word out.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #16 
iamntbatman

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind if PETA kept their noses out of it. PETA is against fiskkeeping in general, not just inhumane fishkeeping practices. PETA aren't an organization that reflects any reasonable moral standpoint; they're an organization that actually believes animals to be of a higher moral worth than human beings. I dislike them, and I think the public in general dislikes them enough that if they were more vocal about these tiny betta containers, people might be inclined to side with the tiny bowl makers and the stores that sell them.

I think a much better approach is for aquarists who know what it takes in order for the fish we keep to thrive to take a stand against the marketing of such crappy devices.

Look at how much groups like the ASPCA and RSPCA have done to prevent the cruel treatment of other pets. Imagine how much could be done if organizations like these had a greater interest in preventing the cruel treatment of aquarium fish.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #17 
ErinBBC

I don't know much about PETA, I didn't know they were against keeping fish...it seems weird to me that they'd be against the proper keeping of fish which extends their lifespan and makes life easier for the fish than if they were in the wild fending for themselves.

I agree about the ASPCA, I wonder why they are not involved in the humane treatment of fish? I think they are involved with reptiles and birds.

Next week I will try to contact my local chapter and see if they are involved with fish and if not, why. Maybe they know of a fish-specific organization that we can all support.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #18 
okiemavis

Public pressure has pushed some of these off the market. That betta handbag isn't being made anymore. I think the ipond has also been taken out of production.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #19 
Ashkat

Betta HANDBAG?!?!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #20 
Flashygrrl

I can't even find a picture of it. Not shocking, I don't even think the makers want to admit to having THAT idea. God, this is horrible what people come up with!!!
Closed Thread