Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #31 
missfish1996

fish in space this is really bad........and it bothers me....... grr.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #32 
Amphitrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemavis
Public pressure has pushed some of these off the market. That betta handbag isn't being made anymore. I think the ipond has also been taken out of production.
I remember when the iPond went on the market, and I do believe the uproar that resulted did lead to them being withdrawn from sale.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:13 AM   #33 
porcupine

yeah, but it seems like the animal rights activists never really care about fish. it makes me sad.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #34 
Tyyrlym

Animal rights usually focuses on the cute/cuddly animals. Fish are neither.

And PETA dislikes fishkeeping anyways, if any activists did get involve with fish we'd probably be on side of evil in that fight.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #35 
alandrums89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphitrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemavis
Public pressure has pushed some of these off the market. That betta handbag isn't being made anymore. I think the ipond has also been taken out of production.
I remember when the iPond went on the market, and I do believe the uproar that resulted did lead to them being withdrawn from sale.
yeah well apparently the lfs near me hasent gotten that message they still sell the abominations with their rock pillers and "bamboo" inserts
Old 07-27-2008, 01:35 PM   #36 
nav2008

poor things :( as cool as all of those things look, i still cant believe people would put a fish in them... some of them look like they arent suitable for a tiny guppy and you see people putting bettas and larg goldfish in them.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #37 
missfish1996

http://cgi.ebay.com/WALL-HANGING-AQU...ayphotohosting

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 08-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #38 
Flashygrrl

It's a bad day to be a goldfish, too (text link)
Old 08-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #39 
Little-Fizz

Not to try and push my beliefs on anyone... But your all very concerned about bettas being in small bowls (Right on! Go for it, its very wrong) But you believe people should be doing more about these animals rights, but fish are just as disposable to the people who make these things, as baby cows are to anyone who drinks a glass of milk everyday.

Nothing is going to change until we learn compassion for all animals. I believe a fish has every right to live a nice life, but so do cows, chickens, and pigs, Anything that lives, breathes and feels deserves an equal chance at life. Just because they can't talk, and they aren't that bright, doesn't mean they don't they feel pain and suffer. They value their lives as much as you or me do.

I probably hate PETA more then any of you. For the fact that people instantly assume I have nothing worth while to say because I don't eat animals so I must be some crazy peta tree hugging hippy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a tree hugging hippy, but I hate PETA. The only thing they are good for is spreading the word, but they do it in such uncivilized ways no ones listens to them and just hates them.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #40 
PDXfishy

This makes me wonder: doesn't the US have some kind of animal protection agency? I'm sure there is one for cats, dogs, horses etc., why not for fish. As far as I know, fish bowls are entirely banned in some European countries (e.g. in Sweden and Germany). I hope this development will spread in the future.
Closed Thread