Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:32 AM   #51 
Little-Fizz

Lol gross, I feel bad for you. Eggs make my tummy hurt :(
Old 08-06-2008, 05:00 AM   #52 
Flashygrrl

The extra problem with the betta death traps and betta coffins is that usually the person is only interested in having them as decoration and therefore gives no thought to the care needed. Sure, they throw it pellets every couple days but never change the water and don't give any heed to the temp it need, and then they wonder why the fins fall off and the betta dies. Then they buy another betta.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 AM   #53 
MegK

my betta is in a one gallon and its quite spacey for her i lose her time to time shes so small in it. the onlything about one gallons is no real filtration.

and that ring thing is pretty stupid.. it must be so much work for the betta to get air
Old 08-06-2008, 08:58 AM   #54 
dramaqueen
Banned

Mine are in 1 gallon containers, also. I take good care of my fish, do regular water changes and feed them a proper diet. I think there are some people who don't take care of their bettas because they can be easily replaced. I had a neighbor that was given one 4 years ago and it died. She got another one and I kept him when she went on vacation. While she was gone, I did research on the internet and ended up getting a betta of my own. I tried to share my new knowledge with my neighbor on how to properly take care of Buddy and her response was, "I'm not gonna fool with him. He's not made of gold, he can easily be replaced. I don"t get attached to fish. He means NOTHING to me". Why in the world did she buy him in the first place? The 3rd time she went on vacation, he ended up being mine permanently. And that was the best thing she could have ever done because Buddy was the most wonderful little pet and had such a great personality. He died this last April and, even tho I have 4 others, I still miss him.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #55 
PDXfishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlofgod
a gallon is a gallon! regardless of the shape of the container.
Umm...no? ;) I mean yes in terms of volume, but not in terms of usable space. Would you like to live in a house that is 200 yards long but only 1 yard wide? Of course you're still right. Bowls are not cool either, no question about that.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #56 
tmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen
"I'm not gonna fool with him. He's not made of gold, he can easily be replaced. I don"t get attached to fish. He means NOTHING to me".
THATS SAD!!!
i can kinda understand not getting attatched to a fish. but the fact that their living still needs to be acknowledged =(
like i cant get attatched to cats and i HATE them. but if i had to, i'd still take care of it and not just leave it to die
Old 08-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #57 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, it IS sad, especially because my neighbor is supposed to be such an animal lover. She talks about rescuing stray dogs and cats and spaying and neutering them and finding them homes. But she had NO compassion for her fish!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #58 
tmz

wow that doesnt even make sense
Old 08-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #59 
dramaqueen
Banned

No, it doesn't. What really makes me mad is people who let their fish sit in filthy, dirty water, whether its a big tank or small bowl. I ran into a girl at Petsmart one time and we got to talking about bettas and I asked her how often she fed her fish. She said about 5 or 6 pellets once a week! I asked her how often she changed the water. she said once every 5 or 6 months! Thats horrible!! I didn't ask her if it was in a tank or bowl.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #60 
tmz

yeah at that point it doesnt even matter if its a one gallon bowl or a five gallon tank the poor fish is still having a terrible life either way
Closed Thread