Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #61 
dramaqueen
Banned

Even tho mine are in gallon containers, I try to give them the best life I can. I don't have the space or money to have them each in their own 5 gallon tank. I keep the water clean, feed them properly and give them lots of love and attention. I think that counts for something. The fish my neighbor gave me was over 4 years old when he died. He lived in a half gallon container. When you take care of them and give them lots of love and attention, I think they respond to that.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #62 
Flashygrrl

OK, I guess I was kinda generalizing when it comes to the whole betta cube thing, but you gotta admit that the bettas that do get taken care of properly in those things are by far the minority, usually due to lack or research and misguidance (how many of us have known a straight-A student that have at some point kept a betta in those things and not really put a whole lot of thought into care). And generally all of us around here are smart enough to know that the "betta homes" that serve a decorative purpose are usually not a safe and comfortable home for said betta.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #63 
MegK

like they have those 1/4 gallon tanks which is basically a cup of water. i dont see how the fish does anything... it cant move?

i kno my tank for my betta is one gallon, but its clean. lots of space. looks like a jungle! and my betta enjoys it!

and... i cry when my favorite fish with personalities die... i have a fish graveyard for them...
Old 08-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #64 
dramaqueen
Banned

I know a girl who had a betta in a vase that held about 16 oz of water. She keeps a cold house and she wondered why her fish died. He was cold and had no room to move around, thats why!
Old 08-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #65 
Little-Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz
like i cant get attatched to cats and i HATE them.
I was going to say something to thing before, but didn't (Lol obviously). But I was just upstairs, someone had came and rang my door bell and I wanted to see who it was before I opened the door then had to deal with someone I'm very anti social today... Anyways I see little kids on bikes outside so I decided not to answer it. My little sisters aren't home anyways so it doesn't make a difference. But to avoid being seen as I ran past the door again I stayed upstairs. I walked into my room where my cat was sleeping and as soon as I walked in I accidently woke her up. So she hardly opens her eyes, sees me and instantly starts purring. Then she meows at me and I say HEYYYY and she meows again. So I walk up and started petting her and she instantly sticks her tongue out the tiniest bit and starts drooling. Its the cutest thing EVER. And then she starts rubbing her face on mine and we chill for a bit. Then I decided it was safe to go downstairs. But it made me think of this post and wondered how someone could hate CATS. Like sure I understand having a bad experience with a cat, because I'm not gonna lie, I've met jerk cats before. But come on? To say you hate all cats!?! HOW!!! They are freaking AWESOME! The only thing that sucks is when you walk away from a situation like that and your face is covered in fur...

Dogs don't pur, it sucks.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #66 
aunt kymmie
Gold Member

TMZ may have said "I HATE cats" but also said in the same sentence that he/she would take care of them and not leave them to *die*. Maybe hate wasn't the right word.....
Old 08-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #67 
Little-Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie
TMZ may have said "I HATE cats" but also said in the same sentence that he/she would take care of them and not leave them to *die*. Maybe hate wasn't the right word.....
She still said she doesn't like cats... I never thought she would leave a cat for dead, really who would? I just wanted to know why she doesn't like cats? Because I'm a crazy cat ladie who simply can't understand why anyone wouldn't like petting a furry little guy that purs. Lol a lot of people just think cats are evil for some reason.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #68 
Meatpuppet

Alot of people (me NOT one of them- i love kitties) say they find cats useless. i can see their point.
If you have a dog you can make it a gaurd dog, teach it to hunt and swim with you. and generally they are more loyal and will give they're life for you. cats wont do that.
I see cats a good pet to have bcuz (especially for if you live by yourself) they are more reliable to be indipentet. they just take less attention to make them happy. and if your looking for a cuddle/ play buddy you got your cat.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #69 
aunt kymmie
Gold Member

Cats are useless?? I have to say I disagree!
I bet rodents wish they were useless....
Also, no one appreciates my fish tank more than my cats...they are mesmerized by it.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #70 
MegK

my cat tried attacking my fish tank i think she hurt herself.

i love my cat.. but when she was a kitten she was pure evil..... and then she grew up and is better.

and i love dogs too! (except things like pugs with pushed in noses...)

and my turtle!

and rodents!

and bunnies!

and lizards!

and my FISHIES!

but not birds... ive been attacked before... quite a few times. i dont hate them i jsut dont want them near me
Closed Thread