Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2013, 02:50 AM   #1 
Darth

Betta Housing

Ok folks, many of you have PMed me asking what I use to keep my bettas in.
Here it is, I love these and they aren't expensive, in fact I think I got 75 of these for around 120 bucks.
Far more room than a Mason Jar and easy to keep neat.
I just got these today, I need about 400 more..in time.

Lots of room for the fish and they are much happier in these, mason jars are plenty big, but the more room the better.

they even come with a nice lid for those jumpers, and no they wont suffocate..leave about 2 inches airspace, that's the equivlant of you breathing all the air in the superdome so don't worry.

Darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #2 
Myates

Beanies :D I'm actually switching from the cups to these when I redo my jarring section with heat flex. Where do you get yours?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #3 
Darth

Here is where I got them this is how they read 4 X 4 X 8 top loading beanie cases the number was DC.0447B
Old 04-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #4 
Myates

No link :( But that is a good price, less than $2 each - best deal I seen so far. How is shipping?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #5 
wish4coner

Can you let me know the link for where we can buy those in bulk? I have been eying them on ebay but, they are 12.00 a piece there! Thank you!
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #6 
Laurenie

I used to have tons of these acrylic containers to house my tarantula slings (babies) and juvies before downsizing my collection quite a bit. I still have 2 fairly small juvies living in a couple actually. I loved them because they were inexpensive, came in a fairly wide variety of shapes and sizes, inexpensive, sturdy but easy to drill holes in. I just bought mine at Hobby Lobby, I didn't require quite enough to need to order in bulk lol. They ranged in price from $1.00-$3.99 based on size if I remember correctly. I've checked many other craft stores and places like Walmart for the same types of containers but no luck, at least not in my area.
Laurenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #7 
Darth

Try this

http://www.productzoo.com/
Old 04-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #8 
Fenghuang

This is the link for the specific product on that site, I believe: http://www.productzoo.com/catalog/bu...ductid=DC-0480

Would you be willing to share more pictures of your bettas and setups, Darth? All the ones I have seen look amazing.

Last edited by Fenghuang; 04-23-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #9 
Darth

Sure Fen..I am also very very busy, if any of you garden and know or heard of mariseeds..that is my girlfriend we live here together and have the largest varieties of heirloom tomatoes in the world online, we also have open pollinated crosses, so I do that also {Land Bettas} genetics are similar as in everything cool happens in F2 after the initial F1 growout.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #10 
JandE Pets

Thank you this is very helpful. have you ever measured how much water they hold?
JandE Pets is offline   Reply With Quote