Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #31 
wish4coner

Day 17-May 7, 2013

Fry have grown, what appears to be overnight. They are easily seen without opening the spawning bin. Still syphoning daily and adding prime when adding water. Rinsed out all moll balls last night as, they had accumulated a lot of brine shrimp.

Babies introduced to bbs, mixed with a small amount of Hikari First Bites. Small amounts of powder put in with bbs. Babies took to it immediately and began eating, last night.

Siphoned remainder out of tank this morning. Fed BBS and HFB and all doing well. I can see the eyes, really well and, only a few seem to be "small". The rest are growing at a nice rate.
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #32 
wish4coner

Cleaned out the bottom of tank today. Fry still growing. Now eating Hikari first bites (less of this than more), BBS, and BW/WW for snacks in between. Doing well. Still no losses. This is Day 18.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:15 AM   #33 
wish4coner

Day 19--new home

After cleaning out the old bin, I decided it was time to put these guys into cleaner, better surroundings. I set up a 5 gallon with the heater, the biofilter, and a clip on light (5.00 at Walmart) attached. Although moving them all wasn't easy, I used a fluval net (triangle shape and good size), and slowly put them into it, with clean water and then, put them directly into the tank. I had temp at the same exact range as their original bin. I used the moss balls from the tank and the same bio filter so the agents would be in the new tank.

They did well, right away and began looking around. I took a picture--many are at the bottom so, you can't see but, all seem to be doing well. It's dark, from the IAL that I made from leaves, bought from Malaysia. Water is also primed and there is aquarium salt as well.

On back, is a better HOB sponge filter. However, I did not put the water to the top so, I didn't start this yet as, it's also a sponge filter but, I was afraid the current might be too strong, as well as it needing too much water, as of right now.

Here is the tank they now have as a new home. Mr Snail is able to pick up food, easier with the glass bottom.

Name:  fry1newtank.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  43.4 KB
Old 05-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #34 
TwilightNite

The babies are adorable! And you are doing an amazing job with this spawn! Keep up the amazing work! :)
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #35 
wish4coner

Ty! :)
Old 05-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #36 
wish4coner

Day 20--May 13, 2013

Fry doing extremely well, and very active. I did some cleaning of the bottom, a feeding of Hikari frozen bbs, twice (with homemade IAL extract) and snacking on WW and BW in between. Also made new cultures to be ready for second spawn.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #37 
Darkicydevil

Subed! Cant wait to see the progress!
Darkicydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #38 
wish4coner

Babies growing rapidly. I can see their "belly" now..just a tiny black speck but, they are looking more like fish. A lot of fry tend to stay near bottom where the plants and heater are. Tank still at 82 degrees and has sponge filter in there. Only a few seem to venture all around. WHen I feed, you see them all moving and looking for whatever I put in.
Fed 2 WW snacks and two frozen BBS, mixed with IAL extract. No losses..everyone seems fine.

We are 3 weeks old today! It is Day 21!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #39 
wish4coner

It's 2 am and can't sleep. I am just so excited of the spawns. I did worry about how many from first spawn were at the bottom so, I took out about 4 cups of water. The tank only has about 5 inches, maybe. That seemed to do the trick. The fry at the bottom began coming out from the bottom and swimming around. I also added plastic wrap around top. I was using bubble wrap as, it is better insulated but, the clear wrap seems to keep the humidity in better.

Much better now and I can sleep, knowing they are okay :)
Old 05-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #40 
wish4coner

Day 23, May 15, 2013--
Fry are getting bigger and you can see color at their tail fins. It appears to be a blue or bluish green but, still can't get close enough to see. Still feeding bbs, WW and BW but added a bit of egg yolk, last night for protein and growth. Still cleaning out debris at bottom and added a new, Tennis-ball sized Marimo from England.
They seem to be congregating by the sponge filter, but come out when food is introduced. They are very active and curious.