Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #81 
wish4coner

Thank you both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Can I just point out that I love the way that you worded this?

HMPKEE would be awesome! EE is a recessive trait so it will be harder to achieve before you have a very balanced line going. Be careful with EEs, though. Too large of pectorals are hard on fish as well, being very heavy. These are their primary way of swimming, so I'd just try to keep the EEs on the smaller side if I were you. Wilds, from what I've heard, are much more reliable breeding wise. (:
See, I learned again!!!! To find them is hard and, they are so expensive. I love the look and they seem popular but, again, I am in this for the love of the breed and will not take chances to cause an animal, of any sort, a hard time with living. So, those are out too..lol

I will probably just do wilds from now on. I think I have fallen in love with them and, the natural way they live in tanks is precious. I bought two rare breeds so, I am hoping I have a very successful spawn.

Thanks, once again for all the advice. I am one that accepts it and will appreciate it as, it helps us all--if not only me but, someone else that is reading.
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #82 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish4coner View Post
See, I learned again!!!! To find them is hard and, they are so expensive. I love the look and they seem popular but, again, I am in this for the love of the breed and will not take chances to cause an animal, of any sort, a hard time with living. So, those are out too..lol

I will probably just do wilds from now on. I think I have fallen in love with them and, the natural way they live in tanks is precious. I bought two rare breeds so, I am hoping I have a very successful spawn.

Thanks, once again for all the advice. I am one that accepts it and will appreciate it as, it helps us all--if not only me but, someone else that is reading.
Yay knowledge!!! I don't think EEs are harmful to a betta at all, as long as they aren't the grotesquely large variety. There are big pectorals, and then there are BIG pectorals. Though there are some AMAZING wild breeders on here. I'd talk with setsuna or LittleBettaFish. Both are great!
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:56 AM   #83 
Flapmon

My EE male is tiny, he's a HMEE. So cute though, darting around and nibbling my fingers everytime I say hello. ;o
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #84 
wish4coner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapmon View Post
My EE male is tiny, he's a HMEE. So cute though, darting around and nibbling my fingers everytime I say hello. ;o
I so want one :)
Old 06-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #85 
wish4coner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
I LOVE that your grow-out is NPT!!! When did you transfer them over? It'll still be a little bit before you can see how the fins and scales are turning out.
I used a shrimp net and then, let the water from the 5 gallon grow out set, so I can ensure I got them all. Thankfully, they all were congregating at the top, thinking they were being fed. But, one little guy did swim around in the drain pot and I caught him so..everyone got in there. There is always one that likes to be different from the rest of the crowd..lol
Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #86 
Flapmon

Quote:
I so want one :)
He's my profile photo. :P
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #87 
wish4coner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapmon View Post
I just went to your photo album...I adore cinderella :)
Old 06-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #88 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
I used a shrimp net and then, let the water from the 5 gallon grow out set, so I can ensure I got them all. Thankfully, they all were congregating at the top, thinking they were being fed. But, one little guy did swim around in the drain pot and I caught him so..everyone got in there. There is always one that likes to be different from the rest of the crowd..lol
lol ain't that the truth!? how many do you think you have??
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #89 
wish4coner

It's hard to count..they are really active fish! And now, social lol...I am guessing 60 but there might be less, might be more. I started out thinking I had 10..as they grew, so did my "thinking process"...

I hope the color blue I see is some of their colors of the tails..it shimmers in the lights and is pretty. :)
Old 06-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #90 
jakesmom

Ok, all the abbreviations are making me nuts, it is kind of like looking at the personals or rental ads. LOL I know what HMP is but have no idea what EE is, please enlighten me. Is it Elephant Ear or something like that? Thanks, I'm kind of a newbie to the board and am just catching on to the abbreviations.
jakesmom is offline   Reply With Quote