Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #1 
bniebetta

Lightbulb The Few, The Proud

My brother is a PFC in the Marines and is stationed in California, pretty close considering that I am in Utah but still far enough that I rarely get to see him. I often think of patriotism and the military because of this, and today I was considering the Marine's slogan, "The Few, The Proud."

I like to take things and apply them to my life no matter where they come from, and this is no exception. It is a representation of how brave and strong marines really are, and, well, it pretty much says it all.

Even though most of us have never served in the military, I think we are also "The Few, The Proud" in our own way. Think about it. Think about how many betta fish are sold every day, millions of people get them but how many actually understand them and take care of them like we do. I have told people who have bettas how to best take care of them, and they just shrug it off. It takes a certain kind of person to realize their mistakes, right them, and spend time they could be spending on themselves on their pets.

Our fish are so lucky. They must be like 10% of all bettas alive that have the best treatment they can get, especially after all they have already been through. Sine if them have this kind of home simply because they and one of us were in the right place at the right time.

Guys, we are the proud, we are the few. We are making a difference. We are doing this the right way, and we are a world of difference in the lives of so many little ones that would be hurt, gone, or unhappy without us.
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #2 
isochronism

Please thank your Brother for serving.
They deserve respect and support during and after their service for us!!! And you did make a good analogy with the many fine members of this site. Good work!! :)
isochronism is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #3 
isochronism

All Veterans and All People of Service included.
isochronism is online now   Reply With Quote