Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #1 
bniebetta

Wink Am I the only one?

I feel like I am constantly trying to keep myself busy with fish related things. I am always at the pet store, looking online for supplies (more like window shopping), researching and browsing on the forum, cleaning my equipment/modifying it, etc. Whenever things are slow on the forum I feel like I am at a loss of what to do!

Does this happen to anyone else?? I can't believe how obsessed I have become in such a short time. It really does make me happy so I guess it isn't a problem but everyone thinks I am nuts haha
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #2 
Jexx

ME TOO!!! The only thing I do any more (other than the required caring for my children, cooking and cleaning) is look for things aquarium related to research or buy. Its the only thing I want to do. This is an addiction!
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #3 
bniebetta

It's comforting to know I am not alone haha!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #4 
Adnamac

No, you aren't alone. Definitally not. :)

I'm new to the hobby, and just currently in love with it. As a matter of fact, I think me new-found adoration for bettas and caring for them is making my boyfriend jealous.

Or maybe a little worried, I think he thinks I've gone off the deep end!
Adnamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh man, me too! I actually like to research fish and would to do it all day long! I'm kind of obessed with checking the "Unanswered" threads on here, like...all the time lol and then I'll go to the "New Posts" which is where I found this and am now replying XD

I'm actually going to a fish store today as well just because I can :D I literally will stay up all night "window shopping" online and adding things to my wishlist and then looking at reviews for that item and doing all sorts of research. Yeah...I think I'm crazy lol.

I find, as an Art Major, because I'm doing art all day long that I needed a different hobby. For most normal people, arts and doing crafts are hobbies but it's my profession so I definitely needed something else so I'm glad that I took that Betta home one day 2 1/2 years ago :D
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #6 
bniebetta

^Story of my life right there.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #7 
Agent13
Reference Team

Be careful! It spirals outa control like a drug habit! I started by getting a bearded dragon for my son late last year( I probably know more then someone with a masters degree specializing in them at this point hahaha). Obsessed over her and internet boards about them. That kept me in the pet store enough to cave in and start a community tank of frogs and fish..again obsessively researching on the internet about those guys. Then my I let my daughter get a Betta. When it turned from translucent pearlescent white to a blue body(white face) and clear yet colorful fins I was hooked on these guys! Now here I am... My house is now referred to as my zoo! My friends think I'm bat s@#t crazy too :)
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #8 
Crowntails

Your definitely not alone!

I'm always looking into new tanks or species of fish.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #9 
Jexx

Hahaha I love these stories. They sure make me feel better. Before November I had no interest in having a pet at all. Never any inclination to own fish. My 3 year old had bad dream that she had a pet fish and it died and I felt so bad for her that I decided to buy a fish. Of course I had to research it first and then when I actually got the fish I had to continue to research because you just never know what you don't know unless you keep looking forever lol. 3 bettas, 2 snails and 5 months later I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THEM.
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #10 
WolfHhowling

I am going to die the crazy fish lady... welcome to the club!

I am thinking of dividing my tan gallon. One side Male Gourami, other side, baby fish... hmmm. Nah I think I will just wait till there older and drop them in lol

But then that dampers the plans on betta breeding.... hmm the issues the issues.

Looks like I will be looking for a free five gallon on Cregs list!
WolfHhowling is offline   Reply With Quote