Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2008, 10:51 PM   #1 
mammaf333

my betta seems to have trouble seeing

i have a betta that has been doing good when i first got him had him about 3 weeks and now all of a sudden he seems like he can't see only if the light is blocked when he is facing us does he move and we feed him have to tap the water to get him to come over to were the food is other wise is on the other end of tank looking any ideas
mammaf333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #2 
ErinBBC

First off, do you have a filter, heater and a sufficent sized tank? What are your water parameters (ammonia, pH, nitrates and nitrites)? What is your partial water change schedule? What are you feeding him and do you feed him in the same area of the tank?

If you have the proper set up with a good partial water change schedule, he has a proper diet, and all your water parameters are normal then it could be that the light is too bright and is temporarily blinding him.
ErinBBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 AM   #3 
JMeenen

how long do you have the light on each day? What type of lighting do you have?
JMeenen is offline   Reply With Quote