Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #1 
XxXMermaidzXxX

Unhappy Got My First Detention ); (PLEASE READ)

So today during 1st Period I was chewing gum, what my L.A teacher lets us do, well I guess our 2nd period teacher decided to be all "ticked" today and so, she caught me. I was shaking for about 30 mins and I was thinking "WHY DID I CHOOSE TO CHEW GUM TODAY?". My mom doesn't care that much but when I get to my Dads house I'm going to be DEAD!!! (She emailed my dad already). I'm so nervous PLEASE HELP!!!
XxXMermaidzXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #2 
BettaNubRandyLove

DONT WORRY> all you do is sit in a room.

Contrary to popular belief this doesnt affect your grade. 1 detention wont kill your record either.
BettaNubRandyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #3 
Crowntails

You'll be fine. My friend told me all you do is sit in a room and read. I bet your dad will NOT kill you and will just remind you not to do it again.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #4 
JadeAngel

I got a detention or 2 in highschool. Or maybe it was that I spent my free period in the detention room? Can't remember >.< lol, but all everyone did was just sit quietly and read or do school work.

I'd just be mindful in the future to be thankful one teacher decided to let you do something most wouldn't, but remember that others will probably get annoyed. I had some teachers that let us get away with so much during class no one else would. My physics teacher was awesome and always let us have as much popcorn as we wanted! (kept a microwave and popcorn pouches in the back of the class). But other teachers would flip if we did so much as look away from the board during class.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:40 AM   #5 
Sakura8

I got detention once too, for staying behind in PE class to help a legally blind girl open her locker. Really, all you do is sit there and read, just like everyone else says.

Since you got detention for such a small matter, your dad should be understanding. It's not like you got in a fight or anything. Just explain to him what happened. You'll be fine. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #6 
JustinieBeanie

My high school had early Saturday morning detention that started at i think 7:00, which was about 15 minutes earlier than actual school started, which was unfortuneate because the reason i had detention a few times was that i was always late haha! However somehow I managed to get to the early morning Saturday detentions on time, and surprisingly, it wasn't terrible! You could do homework, read books or even magazines, or you could just sit there, so long as you didnt sleep and you didnt have your head down. It was much quieter than a normal classroom, so I found it less distracting when i was doing homework. Infact, I usually got quite a bit of homework done, which was surprising, because usually in class I'd be very distracted. Normally on weekends I'd procrastinate till Sunday night with my homework, because I hated it and often couldn't understand it, so I'd just avoid it all together. However the few times I had detention, I found those few hours of structured quiet time on the weekend to actually help me get more done, meaning I'd stress less about it later, unlike most weekends when id inevitably left it til the last minute. So for me, although you'd have to get up earlier than you'd have to during the week, and go to school on a Staurday, it was over in 1 or 2 hours, and I'd gotten more done in that time than I usually did at home or at school in class or study hall. So I kind of liked it!
JustinieBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #7 
LittleBlueFishlets

Call your dad. Explain what happened. (You could even just read the first post that you wrote.) It's better that he hears it directly from you. Make sure he knows that the detention was for chewing gum (and not for anything like failing grades or behavioral issues).

(Detention for chewing gum? Really?)
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #8 
Fishy Mom

You'll be fine & I agree with calling your dad before you see him. This way he'll have gotten some of what he has to say out & have time to calm down before you see him.

If it's any consolation my sister was always in detention for ridiculous things. Can you imagine my mom's reaction getting a call that her 5 year old daughter has detention for switching the girls & boys bathroom signs, lol.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #9 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy Mom View Post
Can you imagine my mom's reaction getting a call that her 5 year old daughter has detention for switching the girls & boys bathroom signs, lol.
This had me in stitches! That's a funny 5 year old! hahahahaha
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #10 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
This had me in stitches! That's a funny 5 year old! hahahahaha
The principal apparently had no sense of humor, lol.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
detention, nervous, read, school