Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #71 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
I've always wondered. Is it possible to face palm someone else?
Oh my goodness! I really want to do this to somebody right now, just because I can hahaha my friends are all going to look at me like I'm crazy! Oh wait. I am!

And Polkadot, you pretty much eluded to that statement. Also the statement about not owning a dog is what I was mainly getting at. But as we've come to conclude, best not to stereotype and judge others for their upbringing, culture and choices.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #72 
Polkadot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
And Polkadot, you pretty much eluded to that statement. Also the statement about not owning a dog is what I was mainly getting at. But as we've come to conclude, best not to stereotype and judge others for their upbringing, culture and choices.
No,please don't tell me I eluded to something I didn't.The comment I made about owning a dog was a general comment & not directed at anyone in particular.You and others had your say and I had mine.Big deal.Excuse me for not going into a long winded post,I just commented on a subject I find extremely disturbing to say the least.I have never preached my vegetarianism at anyone,I just said that I wished the world was vegetarian,nothing more.The closest thing to any preaching I've ever done is encourage my family & friends (none of whom are vegetarian) to please buy free range products & not support factory farming.I love dogs,they are my favourite animal & my comment was only made for that reason.I am against cruelty to ANY animal,especially dogs.There is no need for cruelty,ever.Anyway,I don't need to explain myself to you or anyone.

I vote that this thread be deleted,as it's sick and sad,in many ways.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #73 
trilobite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polkadot View Post
I just said that I wished the world was vegetarian,nothing more....

I vote that this thread be deleted,as it's sick and sad,in many ways.
If everyone was vegetarian the tigers and other endangered species would be extinct in no time since crops require more space to grow than meat does. We would have to cut down so many forests.

I dont see how this thread is sick and sad at all.
Plant is food, meat is food, food is food. Eat what you like but please dont get offended or take it personally when other people eat what they like
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #74 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm sorry Polkadot, I did not mean to offend you, hurt you or assume anything. It was just the feel that I got from your comment and I was only responding to that.

And the comment about owning a dog was directed at people, whether you think it was or not. It was directed right at people who aren't dog owners so you can't tell me that was not eluded right there.

And yes, you are completely in the right to make a comment about this, but you must have realized this is (or has become) a debate thread. Other people are going to comment about your comments like they did with mine as well.

If you didn't like, well I'm sorry.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #75 
Polkadot

My wish for a vegetarian world was just that a wish.I know that could never happen,I know how the world really is.I'm not offended,I just don't like to being mis quoted or have people say what they think I mean.If you think it's a nice thread then good for you,but I think it's sick and wish I never replied to it in the first place.Geez I'm over this.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #76 
Fenghuang

Why exactly is "sick" about this thread specifically though? We are not advocating animal cruelty. I do not think anyone in this thread would be okay with that. We are simply giving our opinions, just like you are giving yours.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #77 
trilobite

Fenghuang, you literally said what I was just about to say haha
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #78 
Fenghuang

Sorry, trilobite. xD

I do believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. Once we start not allowing some, where do we stop? I'll support Polkadot stating her beliefs, but I do not agree with them.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #79 
TheCrabbyTabby

I am going to interject and add my two cents here, starting with my love for meaty juicy goodness.

I love meat too much to give it up. Its just so yummy and good for you! It has trace vitamins and proteins that can't be found anywhere else. With that said, I strongly believe that we as homo sapiens, a species living on this planet and a member of the primate family, have evolved to need meat in our diets. We have advanced predatory brains, and such brains require animal protein to be converted to energy to sustain it.

Just look at our closest relatives on our evolutionary family tree, the chimpanzee. They eat meat. No ifs ands or buts about it. They coordinate group hunting parties to go out and hunt for monkeys and even chimpanzees from other family groups. They do so with great violence and this violence is only shared by us, the homo sapiens.

Now I am not saying we are supposed to go around killing and eating each other (and I could go to further explain that certain tribal peoples and religious groups do practice cannibalism, as taboo as it may seem to us in our modern society) but that isn't the point I am trying to make.

The point is, we are genetically programmed to need animal protein as part of our diet in order to survive, as set forth by our primitive ancestors and modern day cousins.

Its also set in dentin and enamel, more commonly known as our teeth. We bare the canines that were passed down to us from our evolutionary ancestors. Teeth modified to rip and tear into meat. Only carnivores have these teeth. We are made to eat meat.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #80 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Just to keep on track, we are talking about eating dogs for their meat, not about eating meat in general.