Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #1 
MandiNicole

Unhappy SIP Samson.....

One day I decided to go into Petco and browse through the fish(as I occasionally did). I looked at them all swimming in those small awful containers with there fins gracefully flowing behind them and their little eyes darting back and forth. I was just about to turn a corner when one caught my eye. It was a Halfmoon Plakat Betta who was red with white splotches all over his head. I instantly thought he was the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen, so I decided to adopt the little guy! I picked him up off the shelf and we went browsing around to get him all of his neccesities for his new tank. I finished getting everything he would need to come home and then I proceeded to go check out. We got home and I showed everyone the new addition to our family with joy!! They were not as happy as I and asked "why did you pick an ugly one??" I simply replied, " He is not ugly, he is original and you just don't know originality very well obviously!" I named my little guy "Samson". I had him for about 2 weeks with no problems, but soon after that I noticed him not eating..this occured for about 2 days then I started noticing him pineconing and knew then that my worst fears had come true..he had gotten dropsey. I made his tank as comfortable as possible for him with low lighting and no commotion that night expecting him to pass soon. He lived another 3 days after that, the whole time I just watched him and tried my best to make him comfortable....I am going to miss my Samson....He got me addicted to owning bettas and it will never go away now. My mom today tried to console me by taking me to Petco to rescue another fish from the awful store life...I picked out a Halfmoon Betta Male this time(no name yet)...Samson you were the cutest betta ever and will be truly missed!!
MandiNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #2 
JustinieBeanie

Very sad, I am sorry for your loss. If there's one thing you can take comfort in, it's that he at least had some time with a caring owner like you and not in the little cup at the store.
JustinieBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote