Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #1 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

My New Boy!

So after Piebald jumped to his death I had to get a new boy to fill that void :( So i heard Petsmart was having sale on Betta's! I ran over to see what I could rescue! Their fish actually didn't look too terrible considering what they normally go through and then the girl tried to tell me that the reason they don't wipe out the cups (Which wasn't the question I was asking) is because Beneficial Bacteria grows in them and you'd be destroying it if you wipe it....

Soooo anywho I picked up my two new Bettas and headed out. I also got a girl but she's been a pain to photograph but she's a black CT with red fins! Her name is Raven Starr or Raven for short.

So here's the new boy of which I decided to name Aero! Mostly because his color almost matches Aero Blue and because of the few spots on his head where his scales don't cover, they make sort of an arrow :)

His tail has been kept a bit clamped up which was why I initially picked him up. Anyone know anything to help mildly clamped fins or should I just let him get used to his new home to see if he perks up?

So far he's eaten 1 pellet since Tuesday which is great compared to my other fish when I brought them home lol (Yes Remmy I'm looking at you Mr.-I-took-a-whole-month-to-finally-eat) He likes to hide in the Atlantis 5 pillars decoration I have in there, it's so cute because he'll curl up to sleep there and sometimes I see him peeking out at me ^^ Too cute.

He's actually pretty tiny at the moment, barely over an inch to I'm interested to see him grow! (Oh and I fixed the hole there the filter/heater go that Piebald jumped out of, which is the only reason I got a new boy. I told myself I wasn't going to get a new one until I fixed that ^^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

He is such a beautiful colour! Very unusual blue.
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #3 
Fenghuang

Oooh, how pretty. I really like him.

I keep hearing about this Petsmart sale and no one can take me to Petsmart anytime soon. I'm green with envy. xD
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #4 
Adnamac

Aww, what a cutie! That stripe/spot on his head is pretty nifty looking. :) As for the clamped fins...maybe give him a day or so to see about settling in and getting comfy, realze he has space to move now, and can stop hunching his prettiness in. :)

Cant wait to seethe girl you've picked up, too!
Adnamac is offline   Reply With Quote