betta fish
View Poll Results: Should Betta Fish be alone or used to make community tanks
Bettas should live alone 38 84.44%
Bettas should be used to make a community of Bettas 2 4.44%
Bettas should be used to make a community with other fish 8 17.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #121 
isochronism

I am always very impressed by the civility displayed by the members of this forum!
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #122 
Trunkzdbz

I would love to see some pics of your Betta aquarium?
Trunkzdbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #123 
Trunkzdbz

My male Betta is doing just fine, his fins are intact he does not get attacked at all by the females, instead he attacks two of them and leaves my white female Betta alone, I believe he likes her that's why he never attacks her.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #124 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ummm probably not why he doesn't attack her, he's starting to show his aggression which isn't good though.

Haven't you moved him to the 1 gallon yet? It's going to give him more room to swim around and not be afraid for his life.

I don't think you would like to be stuck in a small room with hungry wolves, right? That's kind of what you've put him into.

How's the pleco doing? Are you still getting that 30 gallon?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #125 
Sena Hansler

Any aggression is bad. It is a stressed, frustrated male (compare to people.. Males show testosterone) and the females are at risk for becoming egg bound.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #126 
logisticsguy

What is the goal with this? I have not read the whole thread but why? Are you set up for breeding?

You can do whatever you want its your fish but imo it could lead to a bad outcome. jmho.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #127 
Trunkzdbz

Smile Common Pleco Care

I was just wondering how to take care of my Common Pleco. I know he can grow any were from 12 to 20 inch's long, I know he needs at least a 30 gallon tank minimum, I know he enjoys algae wafers, driftwood, needs to be in freshwater which is 70% to 82%, and he likes to have caves to hide in, but what are some other suggestions on making my Common Pleco's life a lot more comfortable and happier for him. I really love my Common Pleco, so please any advice from experienced Pleco handlers would be really appreciated
Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #128 
Sakura8

Hi trunkzdbz. :) You just said the best two things you could do for your common pleco yourself: get him a 30gal tank and feed him lots of algae wafers. Once you do that, you will have a very happy pleco. But as for other suggestions, well . . . did you know plecos like cucumber slices? Get a veggie clip or tie a rubberband around a slice of cucumber to make it sink and your pleco will hungrily eat it right up.

Again, I want to remind everyone to please be polite when posting on this thread. Insults and name-calling and accusations will not get you anywhere and may get you a warning from the mod team.

Thank you.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #129 
DefStatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Betta fish cannot love. They may tolerate. This, I have seen. They get along, swim with each other, the whole nine yards. Then one day guts of one are strewn across the tank, and the other is picking at the remains. NOT a pretty sight.

I have also seen a docile female snap and completely mutilate another female. In a 10 gallon. With two others in there. I have watched female bettas gang up on the smallest, weakest female and send her into the hospital tank because it was caught in time.

NEVER ever assume human emotions upon instinctual animals. I love to say my fish love me...But they love their food. Food is their lifeline. It is instinct.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=124190

They tolerate to survive.
While I am not ready to give up on my dual females, this post is prob the driving force for why I am looking into a 5 gal and a divider...
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #130 
Sena Hansler

Well don't give up your females, of course. A divider would make it a lot sader for them and so much easier on you - you don't want both to get sick! It's harder to medicate both fish. Sucks to medicate one as it is.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 gallon betta aquarium