Bettas should be used to make a community with other fish 8 17.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2013, 01:33 AM   #51 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
This comment was uncalled for, Shaina.
Agreed/10. Pretty cold and clammy comment, yo. :-\

Anyways, OP, we all don't know what we're doing at the start. Just honestly do what I did and make a list of what you've got to do to make it work, and get started ASAP. We all have to start somewhere. No one is a perfect betta keeper right off the bat. xD Just keep a level head about it and listen to the helpful folks around here so that you can get an idea of how to turn things around. <3
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:43 AM   #52 
TheCrabbyTabby

Should I interject with some advice? Nah. I don't trust myself. Good luck with your fish-keeping adventures, Trunkzdbz, and may your mind, fish knowledge and tank size grow to greater sizes.

EDIT: On second thought, I will say this one bit. A black moor goldfish will need a fairly large tank, say 70 gallons-ish, as they can grow up to 10 inches in length. They are also temperate fish, meaning that they need cool water to thrive, not tropical water. Maybe you could rethink this?

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 04-26-2013 at 01:51 AM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:11 AM   #53 
Backlash

Sorry, I just cant get past the fact that he spent $300 of a 5 Gallon aquarium, and he didnt even get a heater with a thermostat in it..

I do however feel sorry for your fish.. For your next purchase, maybe you should consider buying a better way to individually house your fish so they stand a better chance of survival.. I have seen links posted on here for inexpensive 3 gallon "Critter Keepers" for about $8 each (off Amazon maybe?).. Sadly, even the Petco/Petsmart Betta cups would have to be a better solution than what they are housed in now..

Poor fishies..
Backlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 AM   #54 
Backlash

Here you go.. Critter Keepers.. http://www.petco.com/product/12031/P...rium-Fish.aspx

The biggest one would be the best..
Backlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:35 AM   #55 
Bizzycakes

Trunkz I noticed you are in USA so I'm assuming you probably have a petco/petsmart/walmart near you. I think if I were you I would go out as soon as possible and get a 10 gallon. Walmart has one for under 30$ that has an adjustable flow and get a nice little heater and I would put your lovely ladies in there and divi up the other fish just to lessen the load on the 5 gallon. I think your heart was in the right place but a lot of information out there is just plain wrong =[ I think ideally for your 5 gallon your male and 1 snail would be just fine =] As for your sorority and the other fish I'm honestly not sure as I have never kept communitys of fish. These guys are awesome at giving feedback and are really just fishy lovers so listen to whatever they tell you, they WILL NOT steer you wrong
Bizzycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #56 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu View Post
That's why I asked if the OP was using "cycle" when what was meant was partial water change. Hope we get an answer.
If we haven't scared him/her off.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #57 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yes, I believe no one else should comment until we get an answer from the original poster, perhaps an update of sorts.

But everything that could be said has already been said so please don't keep repeating things, it only frustrates people!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #58 
erinbirdsong

Seeing that you have only had the tank going since 4/18 that is why you have not seen a problem yet. I must ask how old are you? Even my child knows more info about fish keeping than you apparently do. You did not do research if you truly feel what you are doing is ok. It is NOT ok. Nothing in your scenario is ok.

When a site says add salt it means aquarium salt NOT marine salt. Big difference there. You need to return your current fish and keep the Male ONLY in that 5 Gal. Please save your self some heartache and save the poor fish who are going to die a very sad death and do this immediately.
erinbirdsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #59 
xShainax

The reason I said I won't be sympathetic is because OP was arguing that he was right and we were wrong.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #60 
erinbirdsong

After reading the Tank specs on the OP's tanks page I am thinking this MUST be a joke to cause rukus on this forum. I sure hope it is anyway...
erinbirdsong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 gallon betta aquarium