Bettas should live alone 38 84.44%
Bettas should be used to make a community of Bettas 2 4.44%
Bettas should be used to make a community with other fish 8 17.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #61 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinbirdsong View Post
After reading the Tank specs on the OP's tanks page I am thinking this MUST be a joke to cause rukus on this forum. I sure hope it is anyway...
I hope to FSM that it is a sick joke
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #62 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Guys, that's great, I get you don't like it. But just restating the already stated obvious is NOT going to help. I suggest that no one else comments until the OP comments back and then we can continue the conversation.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #63 
RussellTheShihTzu

What lil said.

When I taught dog obedience classes I used to tell my instructors: "We're here to teach; not to judge."

And that's all I'm going to say about that.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #64 
dramaqueen
Banned

+1 lilnaugrim and RussellTheShihTzu.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #65 
Trunkzdbz

Hi everyone, I would like to update the status of my 5 gallon aquarium. As of 4/26/13 I just cycled my aquarium/fresh water change, I also have ordered from Amazon.com Spectrum Betta Pellets so my Bettas can have a balanced diet and not get hole in the head disease they should be arriving in the mail 4/30/13. I also purchased San Fransico Bay Freeze Dried Brine Shrimp as treats for my Bettas I will give it to them twice a weeks as treats. I also ordered a Aqueon Siphon to clean all the poo that is on my gravel. All this arrives on 4/30/13 and it was expensive because Amazon is not as cheap as eBay, but I don't spare a dime when it comes to my aquarium buddies. I am really doing a ton of research on how to avoid hole in the head disease and keep my fishy friends happy. I would like some advice please on when I change the water in my aquarium. My question is do I leave my Bettas and Pleco and Snails in the tank while I take out the old water and add the new water with conditioner, or do I take all my aquarium buddies out into my 1 gallon tank while I change the water in my 5 gallon aquarium? Reason I ask is because I know removing them each time I am going to change the water in my 5 gallon tank which will be weekly they get stressed and I don't want to stress them or have to remove them if I don't have to, but I know they could go into shock when adding new water, what do I do? Please help!
Trunkzdbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #66 
xShainax

You need to get a larger tank. No ifs, ands, or buts
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #67 
Trunkzdbz

Thanks for the advice I have reconsidered and will not be buying the Black Moor Fish, as much as I would love to have him my aquarium is a tropical fish aquarium and I'm afraid he will not live for long in 80% water. Thanks again for your advice please feel free to help me with advice when ever you believe it will benefit me!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #68 
Trunkzdbz

I am looking into a 30 gallon tank because I know my fishy friends need it, but all I can really do for now is a 5 gallon aquarium. I will be doing my 30 gallon in the months to come, certain reasons like room, money etc do not allow me to do it just yet, but I will be doing it for sure in the near future. I am planning it all out in my mind as I write this. Till then I will do absolutely everything to keep my fishy friends healthy in my 5 gallon aquarium.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #69 
isochronism

We all want you to do well. As if five is not already too small, putting them all together one, even temporarily ..... Do well, our friend. Jokes are something else.
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #70 
isochronism

I posted before reading your new addition. We wish you the best all around.
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 gallon betta aquarium