Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #21 
AyalaCookiejar

Yeah, I don't have the excel. I've heard good things about the root tabs, though.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #22 
AyalaCookiejar

Just wanted to update on my tank quick (yes I did copy and paste this from the planted tanks thread to save myself time typing on my phone :p)

I got my new plants today :) can't wait until I can get rid of all the silk plants!!!

I wrapped my java moss around the mask decoration and used it to tie my java fern to the side.

Got another Anubias way in the back on the right side. Right in front is the Hygrophilia Corymbosa (sp?) hiding behind the jungle Val's. it and the java fern right next to it are hard to see. Some rotala indica up front, water sprite planted between the mask and the Anubias clear on the left side. Crypt petchii is also there. Tons of hornwort floating around, too :)
Old 04-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #23 
Donetta

It's coming along! I love Hornwart.
Donetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #24 
AyalaCookiejar

Yeah I got a replacement because it turned to mush in the mail last time :( he sent a lot of hornwort though!

I really want to replace that blue/green gravel. -_- it was not originally going to be planted and Walmart didn't have a great selection, lol.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:50 AM   #25 
Donetta

Yea, this hobby takes a lot of compromise and patience....I'm short on both. :)
Donetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #26 
carbonxxkidd

The hornwort will go crazy! When I had some, I had gotten a free tiny piece from Petsmart and it very quickly took over my tank. Pretty plant, just a bit invasive :)
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #27 
AyalaCookiejar

I know it'll need trimmed but for now, that's what I want, for my live plants to grow in and provide cover so I get get rid of the silk plants.

Then I'd like different gravel but I have a feeling that will be harder to replace, lol.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #28 
carbonxxkidd

You should try some water wisteria - it grows like crazy. I bought one plant at Petco and it's the main plant in my tank now...I have it everywhere. I really like the look of it though, so don't mind trimming it constantly and replanting :)
Old 05-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #29 
AyalaCookiejar

I saw that a lot of members had that... I haven't researched it too much. I just need some lower light beginner plants still :p I'm definitely still a plant noob.

I'm planning to go up to Lincoln after graduation, get a Nerite possibly from the LFS. I'll see if I can find that.

I'm also hoping to find some NLS for my brothers loaches because he will eventually be moving his tank to his house and all he had for food for them was Wardley flakes -_- I've been giving them my NLS and they go crazy for it.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #30 
carbonxxkidd

I think it fits that description (does well in low light and easy) but I will say I've heard that some people have troubles with it. I think it's pretty similar to water sprite. :)