Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #31 
AyalaCookiejar

Haha, I love my water sprite but its growing better in my friends unheated tiny jar with no ferts or proper lighting than it is in my tank :p

So I just bought more for my tank haha
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #32 
AyalaCookiejar

I know you wouldn't lie to me but holy cow! I think that hornwort doubled in size overnight and my new watersprite is doing AMAZING! I think I figured it out.

I researched water sprite more in depth and found that it doesn't usually fall prey to algae BUT potassium permanganate is very bad for it. Of course I QTed it and did two baths in Jungle ClearWater to remove snails (it contains PP) but with my new order of plants I did one MUCH shorter bath in it so I guess that's why the new water sprite is growing well. Also, the water sprite in my friends snail jar (which we upgraded to a 1 gallon bowl, btw) was probably doing better since it was not exposed to PP at all.

I gave him some hornwort for that tank, as well. It doesn't have a heater - it's sitting next to a scentsy heater which warms in a little and it gets very dim natural light and its also next to a floures cent lamp (not sure of K rating or wattage). The water sprite is doing well so hopefully we will see growth from the hornwort as well :) it now has some gravel and a couple rocks for decoration.

Thanks to everyone for the replies! Ill try to get an updated picture of the tank with the new plant growth :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #33 
carbonxxkidd

I told you, lol! It goes crazy. I never QTed any of my plants, but that definitely makes sense. Glad it's doing better!!!
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote