Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 03:57 AM   #11 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

LG, you're a boss. :D Don't worry Heroic, you aren't alone in this.
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:09 AM   #12 
Sakura8

Thank you everyone. I'm really happy to see members who live near each other come together like this. *is all alone in California*

Heroic, I can also tell you she is not suffering in the same way we think of suffering. She might be in some discomfort but she isn't in pain. Fish, thankfully, don't feel or process the feelings of pain the same way mammals do.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #13 
HeroicPoison

She's even worse I really don't think she has any fight in her, she seems to be giving up. Idk what to do
HeroicPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #14 
crowntaillove3

Hang on, little fishy!!! It is go good to see that you are dedicated enough to get all of these things for her! I'll be thinking of her <3
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 AM   #15 
HeroicPoison

HELP!!!!!!
She seems to be missing scales! Three in a row going ---> down her body... And it is starting to fuzz!!! She is still very swollen. I have her on general cure (how long can I treat her for and do I continue is she is fuzzing?!)

HeroicPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:20 AM   #16 
Sakura8

Goodness, she is still quite bloated isn't she? Poor girl.

For the bloating, we have two options. One is to order Kanaplex and wait for that to arrive. The second is to take a gamble and use Maracyn Two. There is a possibility this could affect the kidneys and make the bloating worse as I'm not sure if her problem is related to a kidney infection or an infection of another organ.

In the meantime, you can continue with the General Cure for at least another three courses and also continue with epsom salts.

For her missing scales - I'm seeing this more and more in dropsy cases and my only conclusion is either the pineconing is so severe that scales are literally being pushed right off the body or the scales are pushed so far out that the fish is somehow rubbing them off by accident. I think if the swelling goes down and the scales flatten out, the missing scales will regrow. For now, the medication in the water and keeping the water clean will help prevent a secondary bacterial infection. Adding API Stress Coat if you have it may help as well.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote