Just looking for some input...
What I am doing:
I will be getting my hobby and breeding back up and going. To do so, I am going to be getting a bunch of tanks cleaned up and ready to use. In all my tanks I would like to use live plants.
I do plan on cycling tanks before stocking them with any fish. I plan on doing this with no fish in the tanks.
I do plan on using live plants in my tanks.
What I am looking for input on:
- Which way for cycling is the quickest/most effective without having fish in the tank?
- Plants. What plants should I look into buying? I know that I'll look into java moss as I've had good experience with it in the past. However, I would like suggestions on other plants. Especially for my sorority tank and spawning tank.
- Lighting. In the past, I have used the standard lighting that comes with the tank or the LED lighting that came with the tank. Is there lighting you have found particularly effective? Is there certain lighting that helps take better pictures?
- Fish. I'm looking for females. Have you purchased females from someone in particular (in the US without importing) and had good experiences? Would really like something other than red.
- Decor. What kinds of hiding places do you guys use? I've used a wide variety in the past, but I'm not sure what to go with this time.